• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

INTEREST CHECK: White Water t-shirts (Wh20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
As a hobby, I make my own silkscreened t-shirts. It’s a *very* DIY hobby...only making one or two at a time for my own use. Very time consuming but very rewarding when someone comments on the uniqueness of the shirt when it’s being worn. Never printed anything to sell, as its just a hobby, and to be honest, the quality is pretty good but not professionally printed (think t-shirts bought from Toronto’s clothing store The Black Market, unique and rough around the edges). I don’t print in colour...black ink only. If you saw my crappy setup in the basement, you’d know why I don’t go for a multi-colour process. A few of the shirts from over the years are at the following link: http://smg.photobucket.com/user/robboh/library/shirts (yes, I own an iron, no, I don't iron my shirts)

To the meat of this post. I have created a pinball themed shirt based on the art of the beloved Williams pingame White Water. I was originally only printing up a shirt for myself, but thought I may be able to do a bit of fundraising with it. I am looking to see if anyone would be interested in buying one of these shirts...the final price would be between $15-$18. Pickup or actual shipping costs would need to be figured out later. Best part, in my opinion, is that I will NOT RETAIN ANY PROFIT MADE FROM THE SHIRTS. I only ask to keep enough to cover the cost of my materials. I will reinvest any profit into the pinball community here in Ontario through a donation to this site (PBRev) and/or a donation to the CPC efforts. I will be completely transparent in how much I expend on materials and how much is finally donated. The photo below shows the shirt--I printed mine on orange as that was the colour I had kicking around at the time. If I get enough interest, I will be printing them on a blue shirt, which makes more sense given the colours of Wh20. The shirts won’t be wimpy...looking at Gildan, Anvil or Haines. Again, I can’t stress enough that these shirts are a “home brew”, I am going to give it my all to do the best job possible but don’t expect utter perfection. If you are looking for a shirt off the rack at the mall, this ain’t for you. I could very well get them printed up professionally, but I’m going for the grass-roots, rough edges look akin to Drop Target ‘Zine, and that’s what you’ll be getting with this shirt...and all the money will be going back into our pinball community!

wwshirt2.jpg

wwshirt1.jpg

If interested, please add a reply below or send me a PM and I’ll gauge how it goes. I’m clueless as to what interest will be...I’m hoping for about 15+ interested parties. Its only being posted on this board, so if there is someone else that isn’t a member interested in getting one of these shirts, please let them know...however, please don’t link this thread on pinside or other such forums...I really don’t want the possibility of being overwhelmed.

I’ll post more details (sizing, shipping, etc.) once we see how much interest there is.

Thanks,

Rob (spiroagnew)

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
What is most amusing is without the context of the machine, no normal person is going to think that is pinball related :p

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Vengeance said:
What is most amusing is without the context of the machine, no normal person is going to think that is pinball related :p

That's what I was shooting for...a little "secret handshake". My wife thought it was a bit perverted too when she first saw it...a happy accident!

Thanks for the interest thus far...surprising because the weekend is kind of downtime for the site. We will see what kind of interest the weekdays bring!

Status
Not open for further replies.