1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introduce Yourself!

Discussion in 'Members of The Revolution!' started by Subpacket, Nov 16, 2012.

1. bstaneland

bstaneland New Member

I'm Ben.
    2 days ago I bought my first pinball machine (I don't feel qualified to be allowed to refer to them as pins yet - maybe soon though). It's Blackout and I paid $300 and the flippers don't work... that's what led me here.
    Holy shit I had no idea that pinball was so popular in the Ottawa area - there's a lot of you fuckers.
    I live close enough to Ottawa to reference it, but not close enough to visit without making it a day trip, so I'm kinda fucked that way.
    Anyway, assuming my use of profanity doesn't get me booted after just one post...
    Hey! And here's a pic of my "pin" - I'm sorry, that just feels dumb (I wanted to say it just feels gay, but that wouldn't be very PC even though I mean no disrespect to gay people) to call it a pin - it's like I'm fucking bowling.
    Probably not the best way to make friends - make fun of the way they talk - hate me if you want, but I'm not really a dick.
    Cheers!

Attached Files:

2. DRANO

DRANO Well-Known Member

I suspect the gay community is a lot more tolerant than you give them credit for.
    Just look at the evidence.... none of them have posted here yet to make fun of you for buying a Blackout :p

I suppose you may not like being referred to as a 'pinhead' either then? But, I think you officially need at least 3 games to attain that title.

Anyway, enjoy your new game and hope you can get it working.
    Welcome to the group? o_O

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  3. bstaneland

bstaneland New Member

Thanks man for the welcome.
    As far as tollerance is concerned maybe the people in this group are cooler than the simple-minded folks out there that get offended by everything - if so that would be a huge relief.
    If Blackout isn't a cool one I don't care - I didn't buy a pinball game to impress anyone. I fuckin love it.
    If I had 3+ games and that's why someone called me a pinhead I'd be cool with that.
    I hope to get it working - I figure I'll need to find someone here that can come work on it, assuming that's how it's done. I don't want to lug it to Ottawa for service.
    So if there's anyone that can come out to Rideau Lakes with tools and parts, please hit me up.

kvoxx likes this.
  4. kvoxx

kvoxx Active Member

Welcome aboard! lol Blackout is a cooler looking game then my first pin Gold Wings :p Any game is a good game and can be enjoyed. Post in the pinball tech support section and describe as best as you can.

5. bstaneland

bstaneland New Member

I'll do that. Thanks man.

6. Mike Walsh

Mike Walsh Member

Welcome aboard.
    Great group/community!
    Advice: Make room now for your next pin .... and the next... and the next.
    You get the idea.