• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Is this normal flipper behaviour?

bstock

Apr 1, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Finally put my new World Cup Soccer 94 through it's paces last night with some guests. A variety of different skill levels meant that it saw it's fair share of double flipping, slap saves and nudges! Happy to say that it worked flawlessly for 5 hours of continuous gameplay, and the only noticeable failure was one 555 bulb!

I did notice that occasionally if a ball came screaming down and hit a flipper that was being held up, the flipper seemed to give a bit. It moves perhaps a quarter of an inch when this happens, and the ball has to hit it with considerable force so it happened only once or twice.

I realized that when the flipper is held up it receives a lower voltage, so it would make sense to me that this behaviour might be normal. I'm just looking to confirm this.

Thanks,
Ben

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
I don't think that's normal-maybe check the flipper coil sleeves to see if they're dirty? Maybe extra wear/dirt on there could reduce the friction enough to allow a ball to push the pawl back in a little. Other thing to check is to actually measure the voltages at the coil and see if they're as expected when you're holding the flipper up. Also, is the flipper coil correct?

Slam_Tilt

Nov 20, 2012
Brampton
Just adjust the EOS switch. Adjust it so the is makes contact just when flipper bat is up. Your EOS is kicking in a little to early.