• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

JJP Guns n Roses Not In This Lifetime

Ponzie

Oct 3, 2017
Ottawa
Nice!
I purchased these sculpts from Lior and they are pretty fantastic...
He's working on a topper too... I'm sure it won't be cheap but the guy is an artist...

Loving my LE.
Ordered on day 2 and was lucky to get it just before Christmas!

Attachments

• IMG_20210110_204241.jpg
    IMG_20210110_204241.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20210110_204253.jpg
    IMG_20210110_204253.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20201208_214817.jpg
    IMG_20201208_214817.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: Perry L

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
I'm doing holographic topper looks fantastic and fairly priced

If it's the one advertised on Pinside as "The Ultimate Topper" then I have it. It's not installed on anything. Reason is: meh.

IMHO it looks better/cooler in videos. The videos that you get with it are pretty low quality. At least they were when I got it. It's a hassle to make new vids. The thing is loud. Basically a big spinning fan. If you have cats(like I do) forget it they'll climb the backbox, get hit by it and will either break it or end up at the vet... Spins crazy fast hence why it's so damn loud.

The version I bought was the wall mounted version.

Jeff K.

Jun 27, 2013
Toronto
Congrats to all GnR owners.
Game looks very cool.
I haven’t connected with P1 for a while.
Any ideas regarding timelines on LEs landing north of the boarder?
I’ve heard JJP is really backed up.
For those that own these, does the gameplay resemble any existing JJP titles?

Ponzie

Oct 3, 2017
Ottawa
Can't comment on timelines but I'm sure Jerry at P1 or Tommy at Nitro can give you an idea. On Pinside they are quoting May as they want to get all the CEs done.

As far as gameplay, I owned a Hobbit before this and its very different.
I like them both but they are very unique.
(i.e. Hobbit is a widebody, lots of drop targets, etc...)
I've only put a few games on POTC and WOZ (have never played a Wonka) so unfair for me to comment. But layout and lightshow alone, it's pretty awesome... JJP does a great job.

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Nice!
I purchased these sculpts from Lior and they are pretty fantastic...
He's working on a topper too... I'm sure it won't be cheap but the guy is an artist...

Loving my LE.
Ordered on day 2 and was lucky to get it just before Christmas!
I am waiting to see what he does with the topper. Those sculptures are really cool but I think they are priced pretty high with the USD, shipping, taxes. I was looking at this as a possible topper.

Guns n Roses neon sign 8384 – High quality, very affordable (neonfactory.com)

Guns n Roses guitar neon sign 8370-2 – High quality and very affordable (neonfactory.com)

It is priced at 260 euro which is pricey, but the kicker is the shipping is also 260 euro. Think it would look great between my two GnRs but can't justify the shipping. If I could find a few people to buy them, maybe could get the shipping cost down. The Kiss one looks pretty cool as well.

Paul DeCristofaro

Oct 18, 2019
Toronto
If it's the one advertised on Pinside as "The Ultimate Topper" then I have it. It's not installed on anything. Reason is: meh.

IMHO it looks better/cooler in videos. The videos that you get with it are pretty low quality. At least they were when I got it. It's a hassle to make new vids. The thing is loud. Basically a big spinning fan. If you have cats(like I do) forget it they'll climb the backbox, get hit by it and will either break it or end up at the vet... Spins crazy fast hence why it's so damn loud.

The version I bought was the wall mounted version.
Cool thanks for the tip

Flipper Ripper

Nov 16, 2020
Windsor
Price increases on the SE and the LE models by $1,000US. On the JJP site.
I really hope they honour the price for the people that ordered it prior to today. I don't know how that's even legal. JJP will lose a lot of my respect if they don't honour the price. This is my first pin, I ordered it back in October and been waiting for months now. Not a good first pin experience. They made me wait so much that I ended up purchasing Monster Bash in the mean time, because I couldn't wait to play some pinball during lock down. So Monster Bash ended up being my first pin. I'll wait to see what JJP will be doing with already placed orders, but if they make me pay an extra $1000, I'm out.

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
It looks like the price increase only applies to new orders starting today. With the taxes, makes the standard edition around $11k Cdn now.

Jeff K.

Jun 27, 2013
Toronto
Yes, this significant price bump out of no where is really a shame.
Particularly since buyers were given no advance warning nor given a chance to place an order with the original pricing.

I was seriously considering an LE; but didn’t see the rush to put down a deposit if it wasn’t going to be ready to ship until the summer.
I may still reluctantly bite the bullet since this looks to be a killer title, however this was a disappointing development nonetheless.

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
Seems like they are trying to reduce demand since they can't catch up. Announcing the price increase ahead of time would defeat that purpose since they'd potentially get a rush of orders.

Last edited:

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
don't think they'll get a rush , the price increase was unannounced and just showed up on the website , previous orders with deposits were honoured at old price , so day before $1k less US , the next morning $1k more US

Flipper Ripper

Nov 16, 2020
Windsor
Just noticed this on the JJP site. How does the SE sell out before the LE?

View attachment 18490

They didn't, they are pretty backed up with the LE, they want to focus on those before making people wait extra long time for the SE. Also good strategy to upsell to the LE. I'm hearing LE's are hitting the line in June, so people may not even get their LE's until next year if that's the case.

Reactions: Ponzie