• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Johnny Mnemonic 5k?

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
quarter grabber said:
Just a question for the experts out there. Is a prototype JM with a black and white playfield and those red boards under the playfield worth 5k?? Just wondering if a JM could be worth that much. Link to machine below:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ ... om-cabinet

Prototypes are a different animal ... if that is what the owner wants then it is the price ... there is no real market as there aren't enough prototypes to make a market

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
quarter grabber said:
cdnpinballer said:
You could buy 2 JM's, 2 SS stern's, and a steak dinner with booze for $5K.

That's what I'm saying. Does being a "Prototype" really double the price?

Find another one at a different price or yes this guys prototype is 5K and that this the market .. there are none in Canada so 3.5K will not buy you one in Canada.

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
SquidVicious said:
quarter grabber said:
cdnpinballer said:
You could buy 2 JM's, 2 SS stern's, and a steak dinner with booze for $5K.

That's what I'm saying. Does being a "Prototype" really double the price?

Find another one at a different price or yes this guys prototype is 5K and that this the market .. there are none in Canada so 3.5K will not buy you one in Canada.

This is very true.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Looks like a neat prototype, and probably one of a kind (or at least of a very few). No precedent for this particular item, so it's worth that much if someone is willing to pay for it. Not sure I'd want to buy a game like this to play though, since you can get a regular JM much cheaper than that. This is more for the collector who wants to own rare or interesting one of a kind games, or if someone was setting up a pinball museum.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
If I owned this I would get it protected and preserve its condition with a nice clear coat by Adriano. I don't know if I would pay $3500 for this as you can find JM's in the $2000-2500 range still. It has been a very sleeper game in my opinion and very easy to get hooked into on the shots and flow. It also has one of the coolest wizard modes called Powerdown. Some people hate the glove toy because it slows down the game but pay attention next time to the Data Matrix as there is some strategy behind where you drop the balls. It's not some useless interactive ball toy like the Ironhide right ramp on Transformers LE.

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
mwong168 said:
If I owned this I would get it protected and preserve its condition with a nice clear coat by Adriano. I don't know if I would pay $3500 for this as you can find JM's in the $2000-2500 range still. It has been a very sleeper game in my opinion and very easy to get hooked into on the shots and flow. It also has one of the coolest wizard modes called Powerdown. Some people hate the glove toy because it slows down the game but pay attention next time to the Data Matrix as there is some strategy behind where you drop the balls. It's not some useless interactive ball toy like the Ironhide right ramp on Transformers LE.

Mike you wouldn't find a prototype at a reg price ... there are 1,000's of JMs out there ... there are maybe a couple of whitewood prototypes.

The whitewood CV that shows up at EXPO every once and awhile would go for anywhere near a reg CV price it just doesn't make any sense ... I'd also agree for a reg collector getting this type of machine also doesn't make any sense but there are guys states side that specialize in prototype collecting