• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Let the bidding war begin ! Eightball Deluxe stubby $500 . Not mine

websherpa

Feb 10, 2013
Waterdown, ON
I made a sincere offer reasonably above the asking price to include delivery. It's a machine I'd want to fix and keep for my own collection. So all I can hope is that the seller recognizes the sincerity in my "sight unseen" offer (or is a collector who knows me by some miracle) and would have been satisfied with the asking price. I do wonder if people use a low asking price to attract buyers with an intention to turn it into an auction, but I guess that is always a possibility.

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
would think this is a tacktic used to get the highest price , also the "needs a new fuse" trick makes me laugh , good luck hope you get it ,

Last edited:

singlezero

Jul 10, 2014
Orillia ontario
i hope this was one of those times , that seller really didn't know what was wrong with the machine and .. had it for 500. yes, thinking its a fuse and not knowing much about pinballs.. it is a natural assumption. I have also seen good deals and contacted the person .. even offering more on one because it was 10 minutes away and the gentleman said no , he had promised it to the first person. I have also , arrived to pick up a machine and the guys going .. yea someone is offering me a lot more money and I just smile and .. say we had a deal and they agree.

There are still good deals to be found. they don't all end up being bidding wars. yes a lot sometimes through friends.. a bit of pay it forward and some good luck. There is nothing better than getting a steal of a deal on a machine .. that you plan on keeping for yourself rather than .. x amount of dollars it can be flipped for.

it be nice to have a dedicated .. post/thread for great deals that are found actually.

Reactions: websherpa

websherpa

Feb 10, 2013
Waterdown, ON
I've had my run of both "honest" sellers and a few that were going to pull the deal because of higher offers but then came through after some honest discussion (people forget that money doesn't have to change hands for a contract to exist). But I suppose my good luck and days of pay it forward must be gone as I haven't seen anything worth buying in my price range for a few years now. But then I also stopped ambulance chasing about the same time.

Reactions: spiroagnew