• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

London Pinball League

cooke

Nov 14, 2012
London, Ontario
www.londonpinball.ca
The inaugural meeting of the London Pinball League will take place on Thursday, January 24th @ 8:00 pm in London at Speedy Mike's place. PM me for the address.

The meeting will consist of an organizational/administrative discussion about the league and how we would like it to operate. We will be borrowing heavily from the rules established by the Toronto Pinball League and the Tri-City Pinball League.

There will also be nominations for the positions of President, Vice President, Treasurer and Statistician. If you would like to be a part of this League Executive, you are welcome to nominate yourself at the meeting.

Of course, we'll also play some pinball at the meeting.

Feel free to bring others that may also be interested in participating.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Let me know if you want to talk about IFPA Sanction.

The IFPA is launching a Provincial Championship in 2013, so all IFPA sanctioned events in Ontario will be ranked individually to create a ranking for Ontario. The top 16 players in Ontario will then be invited to a Provincial Championship Tournament to take place in 2014.

cooke

Nov 14, 2012
London, Ontario
www.londonpinball.ca
Vengeance said:
Let me know if you want to talk about IFPA Sanction.

The IFPA is launching a Provincial Championship in 2013, so all IFPA sanctioned events in Ontario will be ranked individually to create a ranking for Ontario. The top 16 players in Ontario will then be invited to a Provincial Championship Tournament to take place in 2014.

Thanks, Adam. One of the dudes here in town who is spearheading the league has already been in touch with Josh about sanctioning and whatnot. I'm assuming he's got it covered, but if not, I'll speak to you about it.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Sounds good, if you don't get a prompt response from Josh as he is a very busy guy, I'm now an IFPA Country Director so I have the ability to speak on behalf of the IFPA as well if you need any further info.

cooke

Nov 14, 2012
London, Ontario
www.londonpinball.ca
We had an excellent turnout tonight for the first official London Ontario Pinball League (LOPL) meeting with over 20 enthusiastic pinheads taking the time to help get the league off the ground.

Congrats to Mike (aka atariaction) for being elected the league's President.

More info for those who couldn't make it will be made available in the coming days and a dedicated LOPL section on Maaca and on Pinballrevolution will be created soon (thanks, Ian & Brock!). This is an exciting time for pinball in London!

b1buwg97

Nov 14, 2012
London
It was great to meet some new peeps!

Only problem really that I foresee in the coming time, would be that I have to see cooke more often than I do now :-(

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
b1buwg97 said:
It was great to meet some new peeps!

Only problem really that I foresee in the coming time, would be that I have to see cooke more often than I do now :-(

Just wear sunglasses.. his skin won't be so bright then. :D

powder.jpg

atariaction

Dec 1, 2012
London, ON
stores.ebay.com
cooke said:
We had an excellent turnout tonight for the first official London Ontario Pinball League (LOPL) meeting with over 20 enthusiastic pinheads taking the time to help get the league off the ground.

Congrats to Mike (aka atariaction) for being elected the league's President.

More info for those who couldn't make it will be made available in the coming days and a dedicated LOPL section on Maaca and on Pinballrevolution will be created soon (thanks, Ian & Brock!). This is an exciting time for pinball in London!

thanks corey! ill do my best for my term! we are now officially recognized by ifpa! one of only 6 leagues in canada!

Canada
Flipper Freaks Fraser Valley, Canada Tommy Floyd
London Ontario Pinball League London, ON, Canada Mike Dymus
Shots on Main Pin-Bar League Vancouver, Canada Eden Stamm
Vancouver Regional Pinball Association Vancouver, Canada Kyle Seller
Toronto Pinball League Toronto, Canada Mike Clinton
Tri-City Pinball League Kitchener, Ontario, Canada Randy Whiteford

atariaction

Dec 1, 2012
London, ON
stores.ebay.com

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne
Well its time for a long overdue LOPL update.

We have now had three very successful league nights with new faces at every night so far, averaging over 20 people at each event! Thanks to Mike, Ray and Aaron for opening their homes to us and letting us enjoy their great lineup of games!

Thanks to Jeff for the great league T-shirts - very stylish!

Check out our Facebook page for photos and some short videos from our past three events.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/LOPL-Lon ... tos_stream

It's great to see such a passionate and enthusiastic pinball community here in London and area!