• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD LOTR $5000 [TRADED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Re: FS: LOTR----(Keeping)

After playing it a bunch recently I've realized I haven't got everything out of this game yet and may in fact regret selling it. Clearly that there is no lineup of buyers for my LOTR at this time either so I have decided to take it off the market

Probably speaks more to the fact that at least a few of us just got a LOTR recently. I probably would have gotten in touch if I hadn't bought mine a few months back.

tkaye

Mar 17, 2013
Ancaster, On

Chris Bardon said:
After playing it a bunch recently I've realized I haven't got everything out of this game yet and may in fact regret selling it. Clearly that there is no lineup of buyers for my LOTR at this time either so I have decided to take it off the market

Probably speaks more to the fact that at least a few of us just got a LOTR recently. I probably would have gotten in touch if I hadn't bought mine a few months back.

Makes sense. I don't think it was the asking price that prevented the sale. Everything happens for a reason...must have been destined to bash Balrog some more! Besides, I haven't reached Valinor yet! :oops:

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

It kills me how the market can be so hot for a game... and then a few months later, who knows?
The weeks leading up to Christmas are historically a better time to buy than sell in my experience.

Anyway, like others have said, a pretty good game to be 'stuck' with ;)

More time to reach Valinor!

TwilightZone

Nov 25, 2012
Ottawa, ON

DRANO said:
It kills me how the market can be so hot for a game... and then a few months later, who knows?
The weeks leading up to Christmas are historically a better time to buy than sell in my experience.

This is a strange year. In the past, it's always been better to sell than buy during this time of year.

Could be the announcement of MMLE combined with how good ST Premium is looking....people aren't in a rush to part with cash right now.

Price was definitely right with LOTR. Just a timing thing.

Hope you continue to enjoy the game. I love mine.

Cheers,
Duane

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

TwilightZone said:
This is a strange year. In the past, it's always been better to sell than buy during this time of year.

You think so?
I always get the sense that people start letting games go for some holiday spending cash around this time of year.
Lots of FS posts usually... and this year is no different.

Oh well... either way, probably best to get your money's worth out of LOTR

cdnpinballer

Nov 15, 2012

I'm with some of the other guys here. I wanted one bad and got one locally in the summer. Otherwise I would have bought this right away. To be honest I think a lot of collectors who wanted a LOTR now have one and I'm sure we are all looking at your threads for sale on this title very closely.

Duane is right - this year feels different than other years. A lot of the inventory - especially high end pins are on the market a lot longer or are not selling at all. Sign of the times maybe? I don't know. What I do know is that I play the piss out of my LOTR and love every minute of it. Such a deep pin I don't even refer to it as a pinball machine. It's a pinball journey like the movies LOL. Keeps getting better and better. You're making the right decision by keeping it.

TwilightZone

Nov 25, 2012
Ottawa, ON

cdnpinballer said:
What I do know is that I play the piss out of my LOTR and love every minute of it. Such a deep pin I don't even refer to it as a pinball machine. It's a pinball journey like the movies LOL. Keeps getting better and better. You're making the right decision by keeping it.

I like your thinking, Lee. A "pinball journey" :D Love it and love mine as well. I cann't say how much I appreciate Doug's efforts in getting mine back up and running. I love the game. It's a masterpiece.

To the op, I think you may have lucked out. Play it some more and you may never want it to leave :) A top 3 Stern for sure.

Cheers,
Duane

TwilightZone

Nov 25, 2012
Ottawa, ON

DRANO said:
TwilightZone said:

You think so?
I always get the sense that people start letting games go for some holiday spending cash around this time of year.

Yes, I've been collecting since 1998. Selling a game before Christmas, in the past, was very easy. I've even delivered a couple of games for Christmas! Good memories there, perhaps for another thread.

This year is definitely different. Things are being posted, but not selling.

Cheers,
Duane

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

I really miss and sometimes regret trading away my really nice LOTR (HUO) earlier this year for a Williams IJ. I had always been curious about this game and enjoyed playing it at other people's homes but when I had it at home it didn't last for more then 2 months. LOTR was a much better game and some of my friends even told me I would regret the trade but I just had to get it out of my system. If I wasn't so tight on space and currently chasing down another title I would be bringing a LOTR back!

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot

TwilightZone said:
DRANO said:
TwilightZone said:

You think so?

Yes, I've been collecting since 1998. Selling a game before Christmas, in the past, was very easy. I've even delivered a couple of games for Christmas! Good memories there, perhaps for another thread.

This year is definitely different. Things are being posted, but not selling.

Cheers,
Duane

I've only been around for a little over a year, but there is a distinct difference between now and then. Deals were being made in an instant. Prices were marching up with every flip.

Interest in pinball is still high and growing, but I think the number of NIBs entering the market is sucking up a lot of the cash and space.

tkaye

Mar 17, 2013
Ancaster, On
Re: FS: LOTR

This machine is again available to make room for the MMR LE I've deposited on.
No rush, I believe I'm 2-3 months before it has to go so if you're interested we can work out the details on timing based around that if needed.

tkaye

Mar 17, 2013
Ancaster, On
Thanks for the assist Mike!
Thanks everyone. ST is pretty cool I have to say after just a few plays. It's not likely a long term addition as MMR will likely replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.