• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD LOTR Gold Picturs added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcade Doc

Nov 18, 2012
SOLD

Thank you for all your comments and input

It is one of 500 made in 2009 It is working 100%

It was purchased from Playdium in 2011 and in a home until now I don't know where it was prior to 2011.

SN is 224074.

It has 2004 plays on it.

The lock down bar has some wear marks on the corner, there is minimal wear around the flippers buttons.

The left side of the cabinet and head are perfect, the right side has 3 marks along the bottom in the gold.

More pictures https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 871&type=3

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_3035 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3035 (Small).JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_3047 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3047 (Small).JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_3048 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3048 (Small).JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_3008 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3008 (Small).JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_3009 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3009 (Small).JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 345

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
Re: Price Check LOTR Gold

In mint condition the LOTR:LE's are going for around $7000 with some mods. I'd say one in your condition (and without any mods) would be around $6k, but it's hard to say without knowing what the playfield looks like.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

Was that "wear around the flippers" or "wear around the flipper buttons" ? Big difference.
I know the LE had the brass oversized siderails, but I also nkow that Stern's brass plating was crap and often wore off.

Nice standard LOTR start at around $5K. I'd say an LE could be $6500-$7K like Brock suggests. But, by the sound of it, this machine has been routed?

Arcade Doc

Nov 18, 2012

Flipper buttons.

I would like to sell it to a collector it will only get beat up at the arcade :FP: and I don't want to see that happen.

Total balls played are 5328

I will have some pictures from my cell phone posted tonight then better ones on Thursday.

Thank you for your input.

Mike

Slam_Tilt

Nov 20, 2012
Brampton

Also Games played and balls played is meaningless. They can be manually reset and every time they upgrade the ROM it will reset. If this is a palaydium pin then it has probably been reset many times. Doesn't matter how many games on a machine, condition is king.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Re: Price Check LOTR Gold Picturs added

ummmm.... are you sure this is an LE?
Looks like a standard LOTR with some gold trim.

EDIT:
Disregard. the glass looks correct. Maybe the figures threw me off.
And, for some reason I was under the impression the LE had the oversized siderails.

TwilightZone

Nov 25, 2012
Ottawa, ON

DRANO said:
ummmm.... are you sure this is an LE?
Looks like a standard LOTR with some gold trim.

EDIT:
And, for some reason I was under the impression the LE had the oversized siderails.

The gold plaque on the head is the give away -- just below the backglass :) That's definitely an LE.

Cheers,
Duane

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

DRANO said:
EDIT:

1796542_10152234427258872_1525782962_n.jpg

You can't miss the infamous golden hair dick on the LE backglass because once seen it can't be unseen.

Arcade Doc

Nov 18, 2012

Yes I agree the # of plays and balls can be reset.

Like I stated prior to 2011 I don't know who owned it or if it was on route, but from 2011 to now it was in a home.

The figures were added by the previous owner after he purchased it from Playdium.

I have the C.O.A.

Here is the shooter lane. :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_3052.JPG
    IMG_3052.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 286
  • IMG_3053.JPG
    IMG_3053.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 286

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com

mwong168 said:
You can't miss the infamous golden hair dick on the LE backglass because once seen it can't be unseen.

I missed it...never saw it before. Had to google to find it. Now that I found it, it can't be avoided.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwilightZone

Nov 25, 2012
Ottawa, ON

Arcade Doc said:
Yes I agree the # of plays and balls can be reset.

Like I stated prior to 2011 I don't know who owned it or if it was on route, but from 2011 to now it was in a home.

The figures were added by the previous owner after he purchased it from Playdium.

I have the C.O.A.

Here is the shooter lane. :lol:

For what it's worth, it looks HUO. If it was routed, I'd expect more wear around the flipper buttons (on the cabinet). The shooter lane looks low play as well. In all likelihood, it's HUO. It's unlikely an operator would spend more money to get the exact same game as the Pro. There is literally no play difference between Pro and LE. There is a skaker in the LE; otherwise it's all cosmetic - brass legs, trim, and backglass outlined in black :FP:. Very unlikely an operator would go to the trouble to add the figures. My gut says HUO.

Good luck with the sale.

Cheers,
Duane

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com

Looks good! You may also want to post a pic around the shire. That's a common wear spot as well.

I'd put this around $6500, myself. I see the figures were added.. any other mods?

Arcade Doc

Nov 18, 2012

Thank you for all of you input and comments.

I have 2 members interested in it now. I am going in order of responses and will not take any more offers.

If they back out I will update the thread and add a FS thread in the classifieds.

Mike

Arcade Doc

Nov 18, 2012
Re: SOLD LOTR Gold Picturs added

The game is SOLD.

Thank you for all of your comments and input.

Status
Not open for further replies.