1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mame-Hyperspin-X Arcade

Discussion in 'MAME / Multi-game Discussion, Projects & Support' started by slither, Sep 5, 2016.

1. slither

slither Member

Has anyone had any luck getting an x-arcade tankstick with hyperspin?, Im having a hell of a time, can get it to function, but need an escape key and enter, any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. eh97ac

eh97ac Active Member

IIRC it's 1P Start + P2 Start = Escape but I cannot remember if you need a supplemental program to add the functionality, special backend manual config or if it's auto supported.

3. brad808

brad808 Member

You need to open hyper HQ and make sure you have everything configured properly in the control section. You can set them to be whatever buttons you like.

4. slither

slither Member

yes I have been using hyperspin for a long time, used hyperhq, but no go, I even programmed the tankstick directly with a keyboard, following there directions but no good either, and p1 and p2 together dont work, very frustrating.

5. slither

slither Member

the exit in hyper hq would only ask you to exit completely, not just return from game to the wheel or emulator. I ended up solving both issues in mame directly. I opened it on its own and (with the x arcde plugged in), went into the general inputs menu. Changed ui enter and escape, to whatever buttons I chose on the x arcade. I started hyperspin and chose a game, went into tab, mame settings here,changed it so p1 start, and coin are the same. It now works great, I can select a game, using p1 start, press again to add coins if needed, and again to start the game, same for p2. I put the exit button to the side, push once to exit game to wheel, again to exit emulator.