• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Meh....

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
Can't believe how devastated I feel this morning.

I mean, I only just jumped back on the bandwagon. Now this???

I just don't think I can follow any more hockey this year. As the only Canuck team left, I should root for the Sens...but I feel so empty about the sport right now.

Maybe it'll get better.

Go Jays Go!

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
8737391339_ba6b8b1668_z.jpg

NUMBERS GALORE

The Leafs 2-1 Game 6 win over Boston had the NHL’s stats department working overnight. Here’s what they found:

The Maple Leafs are the 48th team in NHL history to overcome a 3-1 series deficit to force a Game 7.

The teams that won Games 5 and 6 are 24-23 all-time in Game 7.

The Maple Leafs are 1-13 all-time in series when trailing 3-1; their lone comeback was against the Red Wings in 1942, when they overcame a 3-0 series deficit to win the Stanley Cup.

The Leafs’ victory snapped a seven-game home playoff losing streak to the Bruins. Their last home postseason win over Boston was on March 31, 1959, when Frank Mahovlich scored the game-winning goal in overtime.

Phil Kessel has two game-winners against his former team. Only two other former Boston players have had two game-winning goals against the Bruins in
 a playoff series: Reggie Leach for the Flyers in 1976 and Gary Ehman for
the Maple Leafs in 1959.

leafs_bruins.jpg.size.xxlarge.promo.jpg

8738509698_38072f515e_z.jpg

McMean

Nov 14, 2012
Peterborough
I hate my White-Man-First-World problems... goddamn it. Why am I so stupid? How can I continually keep this up? For f#*k's sake, I wore my jersey to work today to make it even more painful. What's wrong with me? Why can't I just jump on a good Pittsburgh bandwagon? Why does any person keep coming back for more when the trough is EMPTY EMPTY EMPTY!!?!?!?!?

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
That's what I find most amusing, these are the same fuckers who not 6 months ago were holding everyone hostage so a bunch of rich dudes could argue over who gets the most money.

Everyone bitched and moaned during the whole process, but now that Hockey is back on and they made the finals, their like golden fucking children.

I'll never understand the devotion behind something as stupid as a sports team, I can understand if you are the one playing, but to just be a spectator, and getting this wrapped up in it, who cares, it doesn't matter, win, lose or draw, it isn't going to change anything.

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Islanders fan here...so I take a lot of heat about the poor performance of my team...that is, if the tunnel visioned fans in Southern Ontario take their blinders off for thirty seconds to see what the rest of the league is doing. However, I'm glad to see all the "local" teams (Leafs/Habs/Sabres) ships hit the rocks this season. Is it sad that I take satisfaction in the failures of other teams to compensate for the lack of satisfaction that I get from my own piss-poor hockey team? At least I've got the Tigers.

tkaye

Mar 17, 2013
Ancaster, On
REVOLUTION said:
Vengeance said:
I'm SOOOOO glad they lost, now I can stop hearing about this shit

+1

With all the shit that's been going on with them just making it to round 1, I'd hate to see what the city is like if they made it to the finals.. holy.

I'm sooo glad the Laffs lost. The only team i hate more than the bruins is the leafs. I was ready to boycott the playoffs for the rest of the year.

Somehow, there is balance in the universe with TML back on the golf course where they belong in May! :lol:

superjackpot

Nov 19, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Vengeance said:
I'll never understand the devotion behind something as stupid as a sports team.

Quite dismissive Adam.

One could easily look at, hmm, let's take pinball at Pinburgh for example, and ask why would anyone bother to watch someone else play a game or two of pinball in the circuit finals?

The answer is the same. Spectators appreciate a display of skill, the competition and fierce battles between opponents... the thrill of victory, the agony of defeat. It's all very emotional, not for everyone but quite universal. Billions of people watch sports.

For hockey fans that follow the NHL, last night's Boston vs.Toronto round 1 best of 7 playoff series game 7 was as gut wrenching and thrilling as it gets for fans of these teams. You didn't even have to be a fan of either team to feel something...

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Ok, for the benefit of the new people.

Summary of this thread:

1) Brewmanager (Walt) is devastated the Leafs lost.
2) Revolution (Brock) provokes the Leafs fans just a little. (I laughed at the wink!)
3) Wong illustrates statistically and photographically the situation! (I laughed again)
4) I PM'd Wong it was a funny post, but didn't post on the thread myself.
5) There is an effort afoot to have some of us that are friends with Vengeance (Adam) to have him understand where we are coming from. For example, if someone talks to me during pinball play, I will let the ball drain sometimes and turn away and go and talk to them rather than finish the ball. I am socializing while playing pinball, not competing, because I have no real game yet. This wouldn't be acceptable to Adam in gameplay, and it shouldn't be accepted in the same way in the last 10 minutes of period #3 of game #7 for the Leafs either. I do hope they get their game together one day, just like I hope to in pinball.
6) Revolution has hockey allegiances that are not centered in Toronto.
7) McMean (Daniel) is devastated the Leafs lose.
8) Vengeance speaks, McMean eggs him on, Revolution provokes McMean regarding "being a Union thug", McMean is too tired to respond. (I laugh at all this)
9) Wong helps out again with a great photo of McMean in a funny shirt. (It makes me laugh everytime Daniel wears this shirt) and (I split a gut laughing)
10) Superjackpot (Barry) comes in to sum some things up.

Lots of other guys chime in.

The point I am making for those that don't know, is that these guys are all friends, and this is all in good humour.

Tough game to loose in #7. My only hope is that with a young team (and me not having a good pinball game stance yet)
that they may develop a good game for the future, just like I hope to do one day myself in pinball. Just not there yet.

Rookies eh?

Brewmanager and I are off to watch the Jays tomorrow.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Watch and be entertained, no issues there, but like I said I'll never understand the absolute devotion to a team, especially when you are nothing more then a spectator.

Would I expect the kind of emotional response I see from joe blow public from a player, absolutely, but the amount of energy people put into "their teams" is ridiculous to me.

I enjoy watching pinball, it's about as close as I can compare to watching any sporting event, but at no time will I ever be this emotional over Keith Elwin losing a tournament. The only time I ever get that emotional is when I'm directly involved.

superjackpot said:
The answer is the same. Spectators appreciate a display of skill, the competition and fierce battles between opponents... the thrill of victory, the agony of defeat. It's all very emotional, not for everyone but quite universal. Billions of people watch sports.