• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD MET LE, AC/DC LE, MB and CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fifty

Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I love the spelling on the eBay ad;

“used condition, very good restauration”

I've been to that restauration. They have a great bacon wrap with fries.

Reactions: Menace
I love the spelling on the eBay ad;

“used condition, very good restauration”

I've been to that restauration. They have a great bacon wrap with fries.

Another example here of an ignorant. If you put new on ebay your product need to be realy new as output of the factory. I know and protect me against dishonest, there are a lot of dishonest people, i read some here ;) If not the buyer he claim money. You see i give you an inside to prevent the problems in the future. It's for this a trade. Not to piss on the people.

Another comment much more difficult to answer? Here just talking fast food. Lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Pinbal...123931?hash=item3f5ea9c4db:g:HXwAAOSwKtlWlpEq

Seems like a better deal to buy it here or on Kijiji boys.

I was actually thinking of putting my HUO CCC up for 15k - which is now looking like I've seriously underpriced my game..... oh, well, what a bargain for somebody;)

Why on earth hasn't somebody locked this thread on this "drama free":D forum!!!!!! GLWTS

Don't put nothing here out of norm, you'll become a rogue. Many podium manager here.

Some pinballer tell me never put on the forum an amazing pinball out of market at least to be friends with the gang. Now i understand it!

It's the first time i see it here. Usually, much more respectfull.

Yes, this trade may be closed and my account too. Some one reason I don't belong here, I'm much more gentlemen than that. Obviously this does not apply to you Dan.

Last edited:

Bally Boy

Dec 14, 2012
Ancaster
Don't put nothing here out of norm, you'll become a rogue. Many podium manager here.

Some pinballer tell me never put on the forum an amazing pinball out of market at least to be friends with the gang. Now i understand it!

It's the first time i see it here. Usually, much more respectfull.
There it is!

Last edited:

Bally Boy

Dec 14, 2012
Ancaster
Yes, this trade may be closed and my account too. Some one reason I don't belong here, I'm much more gentlemen than that. Obviously this does not apply to you Dan.

It totally applies to me. I never really belonged here either, I usually only make an appearance once in awhile when there's a "disturbance in the force".... and if shit disturbing is making a more level playing field for all, then my title is well deserved.

Last edited:
It totally applies to me. I never really belonged here either, I usually only make an appearance once in awhile when there's a "disturbance in the force".... and if shit disturbing is making a more level playing field for all, then my title is well deserved.

I want tell my comment don't apply to you Dan. I know you are a gentlemen and respectfull. Always good trade or business with you. But you seem to be the only one here or maybe some were afraid to stand up. I have your e-mail in my contact if i need to contact you i don't have to come here.

Besides, I had come to see if my account is closed permanently and the trade too. I'M back to see later.

Reactions: DRANO

Bally Boy

Dec 14, 2012
Ancaster
I want tell my comment don't apply to you Dan. I know you are a gentlemen and respectfull. Always good trade or business with you. But you seem to be the only one here or maybe some were afraid to stand up. I have your e-mail in my contact if i need to contact you i don't have to come here.

Great, now everybody will think we are in our own circle/best buddies! Everybody who didn't already disregard what I wrote so far will now....truth is I would've posted this regardless of who it was aimed at... I didn't think it was right for certain people to post and get away with not so much as a wink on those inflated for sale threads. Seems to me that certain people get a pass on PBR and that's not cool but I'm probably one of the only ones who would ever point it out cause I don't really care if I run with the pack or not. Before anyone jumps all over me I'll go on to state I was one of the only ones to defend Ed and his MM over on MAACA too, I don't just go against PBR.....:)

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I've been guilty of posting what I thought were "overpriced" machines. Often games that I also put a lot of money into.

I know Dan really feels that there is some double standard here... but how many members are there here on this forum? Even if my handful of "buddies" gave me a pass, how come none of the other few hundred members chimed in? Is it because I am somehow protected? I don't think so. It's because, even though the games were high, there was a precedent out in the real world for similarly restored/refurbished games also selling for similar amounts. I never pulled way "out to lunch" prices for my restored games.

Or, maybe I've just built up enough good will in this community and this forum that people will let me post my crazy shit and give me the benefit of the doubt. And I probably hold the record for the longest unsuccessful FS thread on here and people were more than welcome to chime in.

But here's the difference (I think)
I've participated. I've put myself out there and offered help, I've defended others when I felt they were being treated wrongly, I've bought high and low, I've sold high and low... But what I don't do is only show up when I want to sell my high priced games.

We can debate and joke around all day. But I wonder if you would be championing fair trade at any price if you were one of the many just starting out in this hobby rather than a veteran collector with a collection of rare and exceedingly expensive machines. Not so sure everyone would see the nobility of your position from that point of view.

Just my two cents (USD, CAD or QCD)

Last edited:

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Also, I apologize to the OP for my earlier statement in this thread. I was uninformed and it has been corrected

FastEd

Sep 5, 2014
Toronto
I think the difference is that your work is well documented Drano, and I would wager that you're probably the best restorer in Ontario. I would be more than happy to pay a higher than normal price for your pins as I know they would've been well taken care of.

I'm afraid I don't know this rsss fellow. Perhaps if I were to see his work, I might change my mind.

Someone once told me that, you should only add mods to a machine that you love, to enjoy, as you won't get your money back.

Reactions: dnewman and Menace

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I'm afraid I don't know this rsss fellow. Perhaps if I were to see his work, I might change my mind.

THIS RIGHT HERE

I don't know this guy. I don't know his work. I don't know anything about him. You have nailed it on the head.

At the best of times a forum is a community of friends and like-minded individuals that should come together to discuss and enjoy their particular interest and hopefully help each other.

When someone comes into that dynamic and just drops their massive FS ad with very little history here or effort to be involved, I find that slightly offensive. That's not about community. That's about being opportunistic.

And thank you Ed but I am not the best restoration artist in Ontario. There are a lot of people that do awesome work and we rarely see it because they don't share it.
I've also sold games that just had some spit and polish on them. People assume that just because I've owned a game that it must be minty or restored. That's simply not always the case.

As we've seen, reputation is everything.

Last edited:
Reactions: tkaye

Fifty

Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I have to agree. Everyone is afraid of the unknown. Even more so when someone asks you to fork $15K out without any history of the item. Hell, I could ask $15K for my 2011 Nissan X-Trail. It's not worth that, but I have all the service records from the pass 5 years to show maintenance history and at least show some work has been done to it.

THIS RIGHT HERE

I don't know this guy. I don't know his work. I don't know anything about him. You have nailed it on the head.

At the best of times a forum is a community of friends and like-minded individuals that should come together to discuss and enjoy their particular interest and hopefully help each other.

When someone comes into that dynamic and just drops their massive FS ad with very little history here or effort to be involved, I find that slightly offensive. That's not about community. That's about being opportunistic.

And thank you Ed but I am not the best restoration artist in Ontario. There are a lot of people that do awesome work and we rarely see it because they don't share it.
I've also sold games that just had some spit and polish on them. People assume that just because I've owned a game that it must be minty or restored. That's simply not always the case.

As we've seen, reputation is everything.

Adriano,

It's true you don't know me you class me before asking all information. You prefer hit me and put your shit on my ad. I hope you don't shit on everyone than you don't know. Dangerous to diarrhea.

On my side, i read your shit on my ad and now i know a lot on you. Your color are dishonesty and hypocrisy. You hit, after you try minimized your word.

I never see it, here i need put my contract purchase, my new parts bills and now my curriculum vitae. My english is average, i sold several pinball all around the world without speak by the phone, just send alot of closeup pics and right description.

You don't know how i work and you don't interest to know. Look my pics, you are blind? Not a lot CC in the country probably you know pre-owners before me. He restaured in part, i completed with a lot of new parts and added CCEE with all professionnal component from Germany. Mini PC with CCEE in, color screen, alien/cowboy strobe, mug beer led, audio sound kit stereo with 3D effect and shaker motor all controlled and compatible with CCEE software.

Now, i read you, you know all how much this kit worth? How much all chrome and invisibleglass worth? New cabinet decals, playfield clearcoated, new plastic, new ramps, new flipper assy, new shooter kicker assy, new latch lockbar and i forget... My price is over, really? You look much more than me as a newbie.

In my ad, i search a collector not a newbie. My CCEE asking price is right!

For my other title, as Brook says OBO but nothing here pm me for asking my best price, prefer shit on my ad. Tommorow, i send to chrome my MET parts after it, i don't increase my price but now is firm. CC and MB hinges chrome too. I know you don't pay for it, so you aren't my buyer.

All return in the first point, if you don't like my ad pass to the next.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I completely agree. I don't know you.
You may be a very nice person and very honest and your games are probably amazing.

You can see that Dan is getting some heat on this thread as well and, anyone that knows Dan will tell you that he is a good guy and fair and that his machines are so nice that they are usually well worth his asking prices. It's unfortunate that this point is being made in your for sale ad... but others here are also trying to use it to prove a very different point.

I certainly believe the prices are high, I have stated that... but I really don't care. The market will be the judge. I respect your right to post your machines and they will either sell or not sell.

The only thing I was trying to explain was the aggression and animosity that you see on a thread like this.

It is not because your price is high...
It is not because you are not in Ontario....
It is not because of your English....
I think it is simply because nobody knows you an you only post here to sell stuff!

I don't know how many times you have started helpful topics in this forum or invited members into your home to play pinball, or offered to help a new member repair a problem. But, I do know that when someone has a good reputation and is good natured (here or in the real world) people will forgive a lot of things.

To me, and probably to a lot of other people, you only seem to post when you want to sell something. That is the behavior of a business person, not a hobbyist. Like Adam said earlier, if you come onto a forum full of pinball hobbyists and are constantly selling higher than normal priced machines, people may find that a bit rude... like you are only here to take advantage.

Just imagine if you were a regular contributor here and helped people find games and offered repair advice or even documented and shared all the great work you did on your games. Do you really think you would receive the same response when you went to post your games for sale?

I'm sorry your thread got derailed.
I'm sorry people get upset
But you and other people who only post when it suits them need to understand that you cannot get something for nothing. If you only care about selling, just use kijiji. If you want to be a respected member of any community, then maybe you need to participate and not just show up when you want their money.

A gentleman at least takes a lady out for a nice dinner and a show before he pulls up her skirt ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: dnewman

Fifty

Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
For the record, adding a $400 sheet of invisiglass does not increase the price of the pin by $400. Having broken ramps and broken flippers will definitely decrease the value, but a used set of good condition ramps is just as good as a brand new set of ramps in my mind.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I think some mods certainly retain value. People pay big money for PDI glass and can always remove it for another game.

LEDs and pinball side art... not so much

Bally Boy

Dec 14, 2012
Ancaster
We can debate and joke around all day. But I wonder if you would be championing fair trade at any price if you were one of the many just starting out in this hobby rather than a veteran collector with a collection of rare and exceedingly expensive machines. Not so sure everyone would see the nobility of your position from that point of view.

Just my two cents (USD, CAD or QCD)

Drano, wonder no more - Answer to your question. YES, sure I would fight for an even playing field even if I was just starting out. Probably more so. I think I would be more pissed off that I had to kiss the ring of the don, suck hole and bum hug with real/imaginary-friends/sellers on the internet forums if I was just starting out than where I am now. I know I will never truly be a part of this real or imaginary circle, and I'm just fine with it, I only post to try and open peoples eyes at times.... although I'm getting the message that nobody cares what I have to say at PBR anyway. Who the fuck am I to say anything anyway!?!? I think certain people are actually relieved when my posts slide off into obscurity so they can step back up to the PBR microphone podium and continue business as usual.

By the way - What the fuck does my collection have to do with this other than being able to sit back and think "thank god I don't have to deal with this bullshit everyday" just to purchase a game locally. My collection doesn't make me any better than anyone here and I don't think I am, I started out new once just like everybody else - and I had only a couple games for the longest time before I even found internet forums over 10 years ago, this doesn't make me any different than anybody else here and I still have the same burning enthusiasm as people here for pinball so what gives? Why mention it?

Also you once again mention that I don't seem to give back to the community enough. I'd agree with that in regards to this PBR but you don't really know what I did, do, or will do for pinball. If I really didn't care about any of this I wouldn't bother posting at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.