1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michigan Pinball Expo April 9-12

Discussion in 'Upcoming Events' started by BMHouze, Feb 4, 2015.

1. BMHouze

BMHouze Active Member

I can say I am currently in this year.
    I have been to larger shows with more vendors and machines but this show is the closest.
    Thought I best start a thread so those who are not or cannot go can post what they may be looking for.
    I am not opposed to collecting a few prices and phone numbers from a machine at the show for interested parties.
    I have not found this show doesn't have an overly large amount of parts sellers as I have seen at other shows but I would be willing to have a look and collect business cards from the seller if they have your item.
    I am only going for the day so I plan on declaring anything I may purchase and paying duty. Though last year the border guard was so excited that there was a pinball show in the area he didn't care what I bought.
    Hope to see some of you there.
    Brad

2. Vengeance

Vengeance Well-Known Member

I'm on the fence, I've been every year since in started but under the new WPPR system for 2015 the tournament is going to be worth nothing from a WPPR perspective.

I have to put my travel dollars towards events that are going to get me better value.

3. BMHouze

BMHouze Active Member

I don't go there to play in the tourney. As my wife will want to come along I am sure that she will only last 2-3 hours before wanting to leave. I think we only played 20 machines last year. I circle around looking for Alien Poker first and then settle in for a few games on some of the more appealing (to me) games. I had a Bally Atlantis at home and the one there was a full restore with an added mod that worked pretty good. also nice to put up a good score on the machines I play at home. always gets some attention once you get the 'chase' started on high speed and have the light going. Always fun to play a bunch of machines that are way out of my price range (like TOM, WOZ, etc) and to see a few that I have never seen or played. It's also a shorter drive than when I used to go to Rochester NY (though it was a better show).
    Just need to score a Pin rev T-shirt to wear to the event to represent.

4. Honey Badger

Honey Badger Active Member

I'm with Adam...I have gone the last few years and won't be going this year.

5. BMHouze

BMHouze Active Member

I was a bust as far as I was concerned. I will not be attending in the future as this show just seems to find a way to suck more every year. I have not seen that many non-working pins since seeing the basement of ToPEC...

6. BMHouze

BMHouze Active Member

I now see that they are selling JJ invisiglass at this show.
    Must be pre-ordered if they sell 10+ it will be $255 usd a sheet.
    Check the pinside thread for details.
    Who knows, maybe someone could pick up for interested parties.