• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

MMR setup at Texas Pinball Festival (gameplay video too)

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
210056-i.jpg

210055-i.jpg

210053-i.jpg

210052-i.jpg

210090-i.jpg

210420-i.jpg

210419-i.jpg

210418-i.jpg

210416-i.jpg

210415-i.jpg

210414-i.jpg

210413-i.jpg

210412-i.jpg

210432-i.jpg

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Re: MMR setup at Texas Pinball Festival

210475-i.jpg

210480-i.jpg

210479-i.jpg

210478-i.jpg

210488-i.jpg

210482-i.jpg

210557-i.jpg

210558-i.jpg

210559-i.jpg

210723-i.jpg

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XDXMLvolUwo[/youtube]

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Always loved MM.
Just pure fun.

I am building one from scratch still. (long proj.)
I also have an LE or (whatever) repro coming.

I just want to play it and enjoy it.
The rest doesn't matter at all.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Some more pics

210951-i.jpg

210950-i.jpg

210948-i.jpg

210946-i.jpg

210939-i.jpg

210938-i.jpg

210955.jpeg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km9tgM577p4&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Looks like this project is setting itself up for success. They should have had the remake sitting next to an original so buyers and potential buyers could feel the similarities/differences between the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
spiroagnew said:
Looks like this project is setting itself up for success. They should have had the remake sitting next to an original so buyers and potential buyers could feel the similarities/differences between the two.

Sort of like the Pepsi taste challege :)

Pepsi-Taste-Challenge2.jpg

I think the dead giveaway would be the lack of Williams logo on the sides of the cabinet. It looks really good however the flipper and sling look pretty weak. I think someone commented about the power outlets at the show and reassured everyone that the coil power can be adjusted in the settings. Anyways, looks good so far and only thing I am still skeptical about is the durability and servicing of that big ass board under the play field. The short video did mention that if 1 of the 3 LEDs for each insert burned out the remaining 2 will just be brighter to compensate.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
A quick summary from TPF:

- The two pilot games played great all weekend long - no major issues and very few minor things (a wire came off the castle switch, shooter lane wire got stuck and just had to bend it a little), flipper adjustments (primarily due to power feed fluctuating from down to 100V, etc), and possibly a couple more things ...
- Both games were on and playing for around 40 hours almost non-stop, and no electronics issues (which we expected none) of any kind.
- Most important was a huge consistent feedback that the game played just like 'their' original game that many people have. This is the most important and this is what we almost universally heard.
- People liked the LED's, there is additional tuning that we will look into about specific feature lites, and any other effects.
- The LED design has 3 LED's cluster under every insert, and circuit such that if ANY of those 3 LED's goes out the remaining LED's get brighter to compensate. Note that these are 50,000 hour LED's -AND- we are driving them at lower voltage, so we feel that the LED's are basically addressed sufficiently, possibly some additional tweaks, etc.
- The driver 'board-lets' (1/3's) are thru hole transisters and pre-drivers, but they are also 4x higher load transisters and so the liklihood of them getting shorted is much lower, but if they do, you can take out your soldering iron and have at it! -or- just have a 1/3 driver board (at about that cost) and replace it.
- The main Lamp board had no issues for the duration of the show on the two games, and if for any reason there were to be an issue in shipped games then it takes about 20 minutes to replace the board as well as we will have exchange pricing on them (even though they are not all that expensive), to further reduce any cost (of course this is after the warranty period).
- We have adjustable voltage for the main solenoids built into the power supply of the game, so the game can be jumpered to give more or less power to the solenoids - something you cannot do and helps with major voltage issues in your power source.
- We decided to offer black option with the LE's (after purchase for std's) as well as the gold as there is too much energy going into the gold choice (and yes - brite shiny gold is not an option, it will not hold up, it never has and there are no good options, otherwise we would have already done that, so let's put that one to bed - anyone for a small amount of money can color their trim to whatever they want).

SO, this gives us a list of feedback, and we appreciate everyone at the show who gave the feedback, it was the right time and the right place to get the games out there and be there to listen to everyone. Alot of props out to Chicago Gaming (Doug and Dave) for their hard work as well as incorporating the feedback to insure that this is the best game that it can be!

rick@planetarypinball.com

tkaye

Mar 17, 2013
Ancaster, On
Thanks Mike.

Who here has deposits on MMR LE?
1. Warlock
2....?

I really find myself wanting one now! I understand the LE's are all spoken for and a STD model is coming. I contacted Jerry at SB and he said there's no confirmation on price or availability. Planetary Pinball's website suggests STD models will be coming in Q4 2014.
Anyone have any other info to share?

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
I pre-ordered direct from PPS. Fortunately I earn US$ so I'll use them to buy it.

I've stopped pre-ordering games, but the MMRLE order was made before my decision and I decided since it was a relatively short wait (not years) and outcome seemed good, I'm sticking with it.

tkaye

Mar 17, 2013
Ancaster, On
I deposited $1000 today for MMR LE through Jerry at SB.
Why not? It's refundable if I don't like the numbers or timeframe. I was surprised he could take an LE preorder. Maybe there was cancellations?

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
SB seems to pre-order a bunch of any title without them being allocated to anyone. Often there are LEs available when everyone is sold out. Chambahz walked in off the street and bought a WOZLE that was just sitting there back in September when hardly anyone had one.

Golden Graham

Nov 19, 2012
Essex, Ontario
I have a MMRLE on order from JJP.
Have tried to get one through starburst and they tell me that they are "sold out of MMRLE spots" and that I was on a waiting list. If tkaye got one on April 2, I am a little confused as I tried to put my deposit down when I bought my ACDC 2 months ago??

tkaye

Mar 17, 2013
Ancaster, On
I can only assume that there was a cancellation or more than one perhaps?
But they very clearly took my deposit on MMRLE.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
I thought about getting one, but I'm already on the hook for a Hobbit LE later this year (or early next) so I'll pass on MMR for now. Still, glad to see it's coming together, and if the driver board under the PF like that works after being played all weekend, all the better. Did they figure out how to get these to work with the ColorDMD ROMs? It's kind of a shame that they're not shipping with those out of the box-nice upgrade, and a chance to save some money as opposed to an aftermarket replacement.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
The person at the Texas Pinball Festival booth said the game will ship with 6 colors to choose from and that a full color option might be possible for the future.