1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Metallica (music not pinball)

Discussion in 'Movies & Music' started by Rascal, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Rascal

Rascal Active Member

Alright, the wife makes me listen to country music all day in the shop (for the customer sake also), and I admit much of it is pretty good, but at heart I would sooner be jamming to something more alternative. I just started giving the latest Metallica a try and I found a couple catchy tunes, for all that like hard rock/metal.
    Sorry, I can't do rap/hiphop.

2. zod

zod Active Member

I haven't liked anything this band has put out since Justice, the new stuff is weak, the new Megadeth is way better.

OneFlip likes this.
  3. Rascal

Rascal Active Member

Oh yes, Megadeth always stayed true to their roots, while Metallica was busy being commercial. Just the way it was.
    Brings back memories (fuzzy ones), Metallica Master of Puppets concert, sometime around 1983 and the smell of black leather jackets. I had to miss the Megadeth show in Halifax couple years ago, also a fan.

4. zod

zod Active Member

They have had their share of mainstream weak ass music as well but not like Metallica and always have 1 or 2 speed metal types tunes on the albums, but the latest one is really great.

5. mwong168

mwong168 Administrator
    Staff Member

Rascal likes this.
  6. Rascal

Rascal Active Member

7. OneFlip

OneFlip New Member

Can you like a comment twice ?
    I dont hold anything against a band for changing music styles or "selling out" they have no oboigation to "staying true to their roots" or any nonsense like that. They can do whatever they want, I just havent bought an album or a concert ticket since the Black album came out and thats cool. It doesnt upset me, theres alot of different music out there for consumption.

I dont see how professional musicians can not change over a lifetime career actually just as my musical tastes have changed as well.

I can remember listening to the lightning and puppets cassette tapes so much that they had to be replaced a few times due to stretching.