• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

New Pinburgh and PAPA dates for 2015

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
There is WAY more to it then just a date change.

I had an awesome conversation with Mark Steinman at MPE back in April on this exact subject.

I'm not going to spoil Mark's big reveal, all I will say is that EVERYONE should book off the Pinburgh dates, Tournament players, casual players, collectors, and everyone in between.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
If they're looking at another location, I can only imagine the logistics for moving everything from a permanent facility to a new spot. Still, there has to be some way to get the player cap up from this year when they had to turn people away. Maybe next year is the year I can finally make it out to one of these things!

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
At the end of the day you are talking about an event that sells out in an hour, so they have a lot of potential. You could raise fees to cover the logistics of renting a convention space and pay for the moving of all the games. If there are pin expos that happen throughout the US that can move in 100+ games for a weekend, charging the public $20 to enter, then PAPA can pretty much accomplish anything.

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
frolic said:
At the end of the day you are talking about an event that sells out in an hour, so they have a lot of potential. You could raise fees to cover the logistics of renting a convention space and pay for the moving of all the games. If there are pin expos that happen throughout the US that can move in 100+ games for a weekend, charging the public $20 to enter, then PAPA can pretty much accomplish anything.

It would make sense to rent a convention centre and put on a full pinball show rather than just a tourney (I know it's the world's biggest and best tourney but it is still just a portion of the hobby) ... there really are no large shows mid summer ... and vendors/seminars etc and it could more than revial EXPO as the single biggest pin event. Moving 500 machines would not be easy but they were doing that at PPE for the entire run of the PPE shows .. from their warehouse to the show and back in a convoy of 18 wheelers and it is local so you could do it off hours and avoid most traffic (not that they would be travelling far) ... difficult to do but not a logistics nigthmare .. it would probably allow them to bump the tourney to 500 or 600 people