• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD NIB Vewlix L - $1650 (Brantford, ON)

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
Up for sale is a new in crate Taito Vewlix l arcade machine. This is the Chinese version wired for jamma+. The cabinet features a 1080p HD rotatable monitor with DVI and VGA inputs. Control panel is 2 player with 6 buttons each (panel can accept up to 8 buttons). Really sleek design with silver and black trim. Has all locks, keys, coin mech, power supplies, wiring, etc. Near impossible to find around here. Price is firm at $1650 with no room for negotiating (will accept partial payment as a deposit to hold the game). I can only take cash or EMT. Pickup in Brantford, Ontario. Please note there is no game inside the cabinet. Photos shown are of my game, you will get one still crated. Dimensions of crate are 2'x3'x6'. You are welcome to inspect my machine or challenge me to a game. I only have one available so once it's gone it's gone!

rwgptVM.jpg

bl1ByGX.jpg

zjVbcPY.jpg

eUcA3TA.jpg

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
The only reason I ordered in the first place is because I wanted one for myself. Now that I have mine I have no reason to get more other than to help other people out and that's a pretty big headache to take on for no reason. Ordering just 1 you are likely over $2k that's why I bought 5 of them to help spread all those inspection fees, dock fees, security fees, wire transfer fees, bank draft fees, etc out over multiple units.

I keep telling myself to not ship big things and then I keep doing stupid stuff.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I've always been a fan of Vewlix cabs and love the look of them ever since I stumbled across replica scratch builds like this from back in '10 by Donovan Myers.

vewlix-chris.jpg

http://www.donovanmyers.com/old/2010/06/pdf-of-vewlix-tournament-edition-plans

I found a guy on kijiji in Brampton a few months ago that can CNC one out of MDF for $600 unfinished with control panel. You just have to sand, paint, install internals and wire up controls yourself.

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
The same thing happened to me. Once they catch your eye it's hard not to want one. I was considering the wooden replicas at one point as well but came to the conclusion that by the time I factor in screen, controls, speakers, assembly, painting, all the work, etc I'd be left with something costing around the same price and ultimately I probably wouldn't be happy with. Then again I was quoted $1300 for a wooden cab not $600. In the end I'm really glad I went with my gut and went the way I did. My photography skills leave much to be desired but in person the cabs are incredibly nice. I was seriously considering not listing the last one for sale and keeping two for myself (one vertical, one horizontal).

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I was seriously considering not listing the last one for sale and keeping two for myself (one vertical, one horizontal).

A 32" LCD flipped vertical for SHMUPS would be amazing! Did you ever watch the 100 Yen Japanese Arcade Experience from a few years ago?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2438860/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Steve from TopTierArcade was over last week and we were watching a bit of it in the background while chatting. If you can't find or want a copy let me know ;)

If I didn't have my dual screen 4 player Nintendo red tent MAME setup, I would probably be asking the guy to CNC me a custom wooden VEWLIX style cab with a slightly larger control panel to accomadate 4 players and slightly LCD bigger screen.

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
A 32" LCD flipped vertical for SHMUPS would be amazing!

I had an old 37" lcd that I put in a vertical cabinet. I literally built it in a weekend, so it's not that pretty but it plays great. I wanted to try out the game elf 412 in 1 Jamma board. If your into shmups then do it, it is amazing. The game elf only has about 100 great games, but MAME would have a lot more.

image.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.