• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

No Longer Looking

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
And before you jump all over me for how many times I have said this game sucks, it's not for me.

After the CPC and previous fund raising efforts, TOPL now has enough money to purchase a pinball machine for the Hospital for Sick Children.

Working with Sick Kids Hospital they have request that the game be a WCS.

So now the search for the machine beings, if you have a WCS and are looking to sell let me know

No trades at all since obviously the hospital doesn't have anything to trade

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Re: WTB: WMS WCS

Vengeance said:
No trades at all since obviously the hospital doesn't have anything to trade

Oh c'mon... you just need to think outside the box. I'm sure they have handy carts we could use for tool carts, or maybe even some Oxy for B1. :lol:

D

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON

Still waiting for confirmation from sick kids text me tomorrow, Mike had some more questions but I guess since it will be local now they will be easier to answer.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON

I appreciate that Doug, but we just got informed by HSK that we can't buy a used pinball machine, the machine has to be brand new direct from the manufacturer (or distributor in our case) .

It's a bit of red tape that unfortunately we didn't learn about till this week.

HSK has a policy that they can't accept any used items from other peoples homes as they can't be sure of the bacteria or contaminants that the machine could be harboring.

I'm sure you could argue that Sterns manufacturing warehouse isn't exactly sterile but it is what it is.

so we will have to continue fund raising so that we can purchase a NIB machine instead.

cdnpinballer

Nov 15, 2012
Menace said:
Damn... that is most unfortunate but I can completely understand their reasoning behind the decision.

D

Me too. I mean why would they settle for a used WCS94 for the kids when they can play tough and get a new shiny Stern or JJP?????? LOL I'm kind of joking around here but really, where exactly is this pin going to be setup? In the OR for surgeon entertainment?

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Kind of stinks...having to provide a game with the build quality of paper mâché. You're going to be in there fixing the damn thing every week! Makes sense they will only take NIB though due to health concerns.

Is there a possibility of putting a second hand game "on location" in a restaurant or coffee shop nearby that services the hospital? Maybe a kind heated business owner would allow a machine to be placed for free if all the revenue was kicked back into Sick Kids.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
They actually turned their noses up at all the Stern NIB's as we offered those up first, they didn't like any of the themes.

As for where the game will be going, it will be in a recovery common area for kids and their familys.

I assume this is more of a blanket policy rather then specific to pinball, but I can see their point, seriously you talking thousands of sicks kids common into contact with this thing any number of them that could have a compromised immune system.

and as collectors I don't think it's an uncommon thing to find as an example, rodent fecal matter in our games at some point, or water damage, or mold, or just 20 years of built up dirt.

it makes sense when you think about it, I just wish we had of known in the first place so we didn't waste some many people's time.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
Vengeance said:
They actually turned their noses up at all the Stern NIB's as we offered those up first, they didn't like any of the themes.

So many of the latest Sterns are superheroes and movies. they are top licenses, surprised they don't want them. Transformers, Avengers, Xmen, should be popular with kids. the old guy rock bands, notsomuch :).