• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

TIP NVRAM sale

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
For those that are interested in NVRAM for their games, I am in the process of prototyping and making up my own version for the local GTA / Canadian market. Based on initial interest I'm shooting for under $20 CDN and I have over 100 units potentially spoken for already.

All of the ram on SYS11 and WPC generation boards are not socketed so the original RAM will need to be desoldered, and a socket installed before you can use the NVRAM. I will be offering this service as an option with the purchase of NVRAM from me.

I should have the prototypes completed in the next week or so, at which point I will be ordering material and I will create a new post here with all of the information for anyone interested.

(PM me if you know you'd definitely like to order some and how many, as I'm using this info to determine how much material to order)

D

Last edited:
Reactions: eh97ac

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Will you be making these for System 7 games also?

I was originally only looking to start with the 6264 replacement and then eventually look at the other packages afterwards. I will be looking at the 6116 and others during design though, and if I can come up with a way to make it usable for others I will let you know.

D

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
That is a good deal. I've started creating the schematic for my version this week, and I'm currently working out the details to allow for a 6264 and 6116 in-one version. Started building a prototype last night, and I'm down to figuring out one last part selection...

D

Reactions: brad808