• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Pat Lawlor Joins the Jersey Jack Pinball Team!

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
it's official!!!

Jersey Jack Pinball Announces the Collaboration of their Next Machine with the Legendary Pinball Designer Pat Lawlor

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1fepFV9PU0&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Lakewood, New Jersey - January 24, 2014 - Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc., the industry leading designer and manufacturer of premium, no compromise pinball machines is very proud to announce the collaboration of their next machine with the legendary pinball designer Pat Lawlor. Pat is returning to Pinball to build an EPIC machine with JJP.

Pat is well-regarded by millions of pinball enthusiasts around the world for what he has been able to create over the years like the best selling pinball machine "The Adams Family". Pat will have the help and support of the JJP team along with his long time teammate Ted Estes. It is our intention that Pat will be able to create a game that truly lets him explore the space of new technology available today in the JJP platform.

"The game will be an original idea enabling Pat and his Team to imagine and to create. If you are a true pinball enthusiast you are going to love this pinball machine" said JJP Founder Jack Guarnieri.

Stay Tuned.....!

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Whose got two thumbs and doesn't give a shit?

images

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
More pinball is good-we'll see if it ends up being a good game or not. Not sure if I care about it being an original theme or not, but it'll be interesting to see what they come up with. Means that nobody goes into it with any preconceived notions I suppose (whether that's a good thing or not, who knows). I'm glad they didn't start taking deposits though.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
Why they hyped this announcement all week and called it epic I don't know. Ok, Pat has a job now for a game we'll see mid to late 2015. We're in January 2014.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Wow... tough crowd :?

If you consider that one of the industry's top designers has come out of virtual retirement to do something that hasn't been done in years... and with a manufacturer that is commited to doing things all-out, I'd say that's a big deal.

They sure like using the term EPIC though!
Wonder if that's some sort of clue?

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
DRANO said:

That's what happens when something gets overhyped, the blowback is inevitable. They should have made less of a deal about it, or said nothing until after Hobbit and have a game that was very far along and close to production to trot out.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
DRANO said:

I think it's great news Drano and happy he is back to make a new game for JJP. I hope he brings Pin-Mation back to pinball which I think is one of the coolest toys ever.

966f2.jpg

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
frolic said:
DRANO said:

That's what happens when something gets overhyped, the blowback is inevitable. They should have made less of a deal about it, or said nothing until after Hobbit and have a game that was very far along and close to production to trot out.

I don't consider one heads-up email from JJP last week 'overhyped'.
I think naval-gazing collectors with nothing better to do bear most of the blame for that.

A new big name joining your team seems a perfectly good reason to have a press release or announcment. By your logic, where is Trudeau's new game? Stern announced him months ago.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
REVOLUTION said:
And Pinball's worst kept secret is finally out, and we can all move on.

Considering how bad a secret this seemed to be, I have to put weight into the "Haunted House" rumour that has gone along with it. I have no opinion about that as a theme, just stating that the rumour mill was correct on PL.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I think The Big Lebowski was overhyped and a big disappointment compared to this JJP announcement.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
mwong168 said:
I think The Big Lebowski was overhyped and a big disappointment compared to this JJP announcement.

Yeah, this whole announcing announcements thing is a bad trend.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
I wish there was a better system in place to groom and develop new pinball designers. It's a little disconcerting that we are so dependant on the literal old guard. How many grey haired men were in that Star Trek video?

Jpop seems to have some junior apprentices working with him, learning their craft, the irony is jpop is one of the younger designers going today being in his mid-40s.