• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

PBRev 2014 Summer Meet-n-Greet - POSTPONED!

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
*** NOW POSTPONED! ***

It seems like everyone is getting to know each other around here and that's awesome. Exactly the reason this board exists in the first place.

I'd like to take it one step further and propose we do a meet and greet.. a great way to break the ice and put some names to faces.

If anyone is willing to offer their play room / back yard / BBQ for such an event, it would be super appreciated. I'd offer myself, but my game room is nowhere near being finished and I only have 3 pins. :lol:

That said, the host wouldn't be put out any pocket money at all. PBRev will cover all expenses (burgers, hotdogs, propane, etc.)

Let's put our heads together and come up with something.

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
Re: PBRev 2014 Summertime Meet-n-Greet

Id be on board depending on date.

I would offer up my backyard/bbq but only have 1 pin at the moment, so it is lacking.... (unless there is a serious tournament)

Might have another pin by the date (on the hunt).

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

This might sound crazy... but if nobody wants the burden of hosting, it might be cool to book a covered pavilion at High Park. Not sure if they have power but, if they do, maybe people could volunteer to bring a pin or two. The pavilions have concrete floors and good coverage in case of bad weather.

We could do a BBQ picnic and have a few games to play. Parking is nearby so moving pins in and out wouldn't bee too hard. Alcohol would be an issue... but I'd survive. Anyway, just spit balling.

I already have a great name for the event. "Pinball In the Park" (I want copyright on that!)

We could certainly tie in a swap meet and part sales as well.

I think it would be awesome!

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON

I'll host.

2 acres of space, bonfire pit, 30 some odd games setup and no kids :mrgreen:

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge

tim.sanderson said:
Hellz ya!
But please, the more notice you can give before the date the better. It can be difficult for me to book days off, especially on Sundays. I would super-hate to miss that.
I work Sundays as well, but am usually off by 1:30 or 2:00pm. My only days off are Saturdays, and those are often the most busy days I have :FP:

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON

Couldn't figure out how to make a poll, so these are the dates I've got available.

Weekend of July 5/6 - short notice so not idea I'm sure
Sunday July 20th
Weekend of Aug 2/3
Aug 9/10
Aug 23/24
Aug 30/31

We can do a late afternoon evening type thing, get a bonfire going in the backyard, and if necessary I've got lots of room so if people need a place to stay we can figure something out, or bring a tent and use the backyard or something.

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge

Well, if you want the spotlight off Tim, I can ask the other question...

What if multiple dates are good, but some of the others are "absolutely not"

:|

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com

meegis said:
Well, if you want the spotlight off Tim, I can ask the other question...

What if multiple dates are good, but some of the others are "absolutely not"

:|

Don't vote for dates that won't work for you :)

I dunno, Adam wanted the poll. Ask him! :lol:

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON

Trying to accommodate as many people as possible, hoped the poll would give people a chance to pick a day and hopefully that works for everyone or almost everyone ;)

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge

So far Aug 9/10 is leading the poll.

This is the date that does not work for me at all.

That being said, where can I drop the t-shirts? Even if I can't make it, a handful of shirts will definitely be there.

:)