• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

PBRev I need your support!

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Hey Guys / Gals,

I don't normally do this, but after talking with another PBRev member they suggested I reach out to the PBRev community.

On June 1, 2014, I will be riding 75kms in the Becel Heart&Stroke Ride for Heart to raise money to help Canadians live longer, fuller, healthier lives.

This will be my 3rd year doing the Ride for Heart, and this year I have committed to becoming a VIP rider by raising a minimum $1,000 in donations. Last year, VIP riders truly fueled the success of the event by raising 50% of the total dollars raised.

Every seven minutes in Canada, a life is taken by heart disease or stroke. Please help me to raise vital funds that will enable the Heart and Stroke Foundation to achieve its 2020 goal of reducing Canadians’ rate of death from heart disease and stroke by 25%.

Please support me by making a donation today, any denomination is greatly appreciated. Click on the link below to reach my personal fundraising page.

http://bit.ly/1oLTgkt

Thank you for your time & support.

Doug

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
WOW! I cannot thank everyone enough. I was working in Wasaga last night and when I finished up checked my phone to find a number of pbrev donations, totally made my night!

Tim, the ride is June 1st so still just over two weeks to go.

Seriously, I cannot thank everyone enough. This community rocks.

D

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Enjoy-that 75k is a fun ride, and it 's a great cause! I've missed out on the last couple of years since our second kid was born, but the last year I did the ride was the full 75. Hopefully it doesn't rain this year- I remember seeing the remains of a few wipeouts coming down the hill from the turnaround point at the top of the DVP (but you do get some awesome speed there).

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Yeah, I've done the 75Km each year. Last year it POURED from the Start line but let up once I hit the the Queen St overpass on the DVP and the rain held off the rest of the ride, but it was still pretty slick. Managed to finish last years 75K in 2hrs 24mins, which bested my previous years time of 2hrs 43mins.

I also did the Halton Granfondo last year which was 140kms through the escartment and holy hell that was tough. I was pushing to finish that ride just shy of 5hrs but had a calf muscle lock up on me at about 90kms. Ended up finishing just under 6hrs. I wasn't too happy with that result but not bad considering I pretty much did 60kms with 1.5 legs. :lol:

D

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Idea for next year, I've run a bunch of charity pinball tournaments, perhaps we could do that to help fund raise for you next year just need more notice :)

Adam

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Vengeance said:
Idea for next year, I've run a bunch of charity pinball tournaments, perhaps we could do that to help fund raise for you next year just need more notice :)

Adam

Adam, that is a fanTASTIC idea! Next year I am planning to do the Ride to Conquer Cancer (http://www.conquercancer.ca) which rides from downtown Toronto out to Niagra on the Lake over two days, and the minimum fundraising effort is $2500, so anything and everything would help. There are many different route options, and I'd like to do the 220+ km route with an additional 10km hill climb option in Hamilton.

I will likely sign up for that event soon, and if you'd like to help we can discuss ideas once I've got everything nailed down.

D

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
DRANO said:
Okay dude; just put you over the top!
Let's keep it going for a good cause.

Congrats and enjoy the ride!

Effin' SWEET!

I cannot thank EVERYONE enough for all of their generous support with this, as you all made this possible. My hat is off to you all... such a great community of people I'm so proud to be associated with.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

D

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
I'm in. No brainer donation to the go-to guy for timely answers to (sometimes dumb) repair questions on PBRev. Eventually, we will all need the services of Mr. J. Santiago...so open your wallets folks!

Great cause, thanks for riding, Doug.

Bigbossfan

Aug 22, 2013
Lincoln, NB
Hi Doug. Donation made. Thanks for your participation in this great event. Heart and Stroke Foundation are near and dear to me. I suffered a heart attack at the ripe old age of 43 which ended up costing me my career in the Canadian Forces.

Happy to donate bud!

Reg

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Just thought I'd wrap this thread up seeing as the Ride for Heart is done for another year.

The weather yesterday was absolutely perfect for those of us that started our ride nice and early as most of us finished long before the heat set in. That said, I managed to finish 75.35kms in exactly 2h 30mins, with an average speed of 30km/h and based on my split times my top speeds were over 60km/h. This ended up 6 mins slower than last years time but considering I haven't been out training at all this spring (crappy weather and lack of time) I'm happy with the results.

I must thank everyone that donated to the cause, as you all helped me raise almost $1400 this year for Heart & Stroke! I definitely couldn't have done this without the help of the PBRev family!

So that wraps up my 2014 events, and I'm looking forward to my 2015 Ride to Conquer Cancer. (a 230+ Km ride from Toronto to Niagara)

Doug

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Well done Doug!
Thanks for your efforts.

Now I can go and eat my Five Guys burger with a clean conscience :D

Grauwulf

Nov 14, 2012
Guelph, Ont
As someone who suffers from a relatively recently diagnosed serious heart disease, my hat is off to you Doug, and a giant thanks also goes out from me to all the people who donated and supported Doug in his ride. My heart and I can't thank you all enough!