• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FS PDI Glass - 4th Quarter order

Chambahz

Dec 15, 2012
East York, Toronto
Hi Brock,
I'm pretty excited to get a sheet of this glass for my Walking Dead pin. That thing has a nasty glare on it.

Can you please contact the supplier and provide us all with an update?

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
Hey gang, I spoke with Joey and glass is on its way from Germany -- as you can imagine, the supplier in Germany is pretty backed up at this point so Joey is only getting a partial order sent to him at this time, followed by another HUGE order directly after this.

I'll let you all know what this means for our group order as soon as I can (believe me, I want this done and over with as much as you guys do).

This is likely the last group buy of this glass I'll be doing for the foreseeable future -- This whole ordeal has made me (and I'm sure a lot of you) a little sour.

Just know the glass is pretty amazing but also pretty expensive, so I respect Roman's decision to not sell us glass that he personally wasn't happy with.

You've all been very patient, but please hang tight a little longer.. and enjoy your long weekend.

- Brock

MultiHack3D

Aug 19, 2015
Toronto
Dont stress bro.... none of it was ever in your control. Im sure im not the only one that appreciates that you did this for us. Your a good man.

Is it safe to assume everyone that has ordered so far will receive there glass? (when it finally gets here)

I ask this because after I gave my deposit via paypal... I dident really receive any confirmation that I made it on time.... and was not sure how you were able to know who is who.... paypal/forum members?

In the paypal memo box I tried to give some info... like I needed a WB glass and I think I gave my forum name. Not sure how its gonna unfold at the end.

Have a great weekend!

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Hmm mm. Last order huh? :(
I have to admit I'm addicted to this stuff. I'm gonna be pretty sad.

Just make sure you don't give away my 2 (two, dos, deux, 1+1) sheets this time Brock :cool:
Thanks for the update!

MultiHack3D

Aug 19, 2015
Toronto
"Just make sure you don't give away my 2 (two, dos, deux, 1+1) sheets this time Brock :cool:
Thanks for the update!"

....... But if you do just make sure you give me one.... :itd 3d ani w120 smiles 002:

.... JK Mr DRANO !!!!

ritewhereiwant2b

Dec 22, 2013
Oakville
Any word from the manufacturer on this Brock? Are the sheets produced? Did they pass quality control? shipped yet? An update would be appreciated.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
All,

Once again I apologize for the lacl of updates here. Unfortunately I've been dealing with some serious stress at home with my missing brother (over a month now), and I've recently taken my other brother off the streets and into my home to try and get him on the right path.

That said, here's my latest correspondence from Joey:

"Glass is here...we only got 70 sheets...have 110 pre-sold...

But next batch will be here late May early June - should have decent stock after that and can take care of your order on that batch for sure".

He also asked that I post this statement for worried buyers:

"
Standard size sheets of PDI Glass are currently on backorder. PDI has had ALOT of really big orders lately ( and the entire last batch they had made in Germany did not pass quality control ) and it is always a huge guessing game for them as they can only get 150 sheets per gaylord as it weighs over a TON! ( 2500+ lbs ).

They have had a new order going on for some time, as it takes them quite awhile to make, but will be late May before they get their next batch, then a week to ship to us. So looking at 6-8 week s ETA. So not too long.......

Check this post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pdi-glass-not-shipping

He posted info on Pinside as above - as many people still think that PDI glass is the same quality as Invisiglass and say they do not want to wait and will buy elsewhere - but this is not the case if they want the highest quality pinball glass product in the market/world. PDI Optical NG glass is 30% less reflective than Invisiglass.....and a much higher quality of manufacturing and final product - and is only sold by Pinball Decals, Inc. in USA, and Pinball Customs in Canada.

They had over 100 sheets on backorder, due to the quality control issue - and people have been waiting on it since November. The Holiday slowed it down for 2 weeks, then when they checked it ( Rest reflection is measurable ) it did not meet the technical specifications. So they had to scrap the whole batch and finally figured out the problem.....the batch they currently have coming in next week is already all sold out with backorders they have to fill from people waiting since last November!

The whole world is waiting on it....and it is totally out of our control. It has PDI's name on it but it is not their product, they are just the N/A Distributor and we are for Canada. But time flys, and if you want the best glass money can buy....not much you can do but wait. And if seriously interested in this product - the best bet is to keep it on backorder as 90% of people do and it ships in the order that it was received. No worries - and can always contact Pinball Decals, Inc. for assurance.....

Sorry again for the long delay.....but we all are always way more concerned with quality, and I for one amVERY glad that they caught it and did not ship it out as their / our customers deserve and expect the best of the best as with all the products that both we make / sell / stock. The manufactrurer is throwing away and scraping 500 sheets - and the funny thing is what they scrapped is around the same quality of what the Invisiglass is! Even at the same price! LOL

Best Regards my friends - Have a great day!!!

Joey Lipovsky
Pinball Decals, Inc."

So that's where we're at right now. Trust me, I find this all just as frustrating as the rest of you. That said though, there's light at the end of this incredibly long and tiring tunnel if we all can hang on just a little longer.

Thanks to all.

MultiHack3D

Aug 19, 2015
Toronto
Hey REVOLUTION, MAN....That is terrible news (about your brothers) .... you seem to be the rock out of them all. I hope all goes well for you guys.

Did you find him yet?!

I think its most important to....keep yourself healthy and rested. You need to keep your strength up for them. Boozing and poor lifestyle choices would not help at a time like this ( im not implying that you drink... or are irresponsible) .... and im not trying to sound like your mom. Im just looking out for a guy thats looking out for his bro's. Sometimes we forget our self in the process when we give so much.

Best wishes goes out to all of you!

Im sure you will let us all know whats going on with the glass when its time.

Have a great weekend!

Reactions: REVOLUTION

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
Alright, sorry for the delay on posting this -- I was in the hospital last week.

So, here's the latest at this point with Joey:

Glass will be here in June, but I hate to tell you it has long already been sold out...selling shit loads of it lately....6 sheets just today.....soooo many backorders. Plus I am ordering max of what will fit in the box ( 150 sheets ) and they sent me 77 last time and the June batch I was told only 107.

So next batch will be in August???? I have no idea.....they are doing their best but I just cannot rush them and it takes quite some time to produce. 50 sheets alone are backorders since January! This manufacturing error has just caused a huge delay - that and so many orders of 20 sheets here, 12 sheets there, 8 sheets, 4 sheets, etc.....adds up really quick to the amount I am getting. But I am still telling people June for next batch, and I can always refund at any time. But just no choice if they want the best glass in the market......

It is just totally all out of my control, and I have to ship orders in the order received.

.... at this point I'm as flabbergasted as the rest of you. I'm going to just refund these orders to you all. Those of you who still wish to wait until August at this point, please let me know.

Rest assured, your money will be refunded but please give me a bit of time to organize it all -- I need to get Paypal money back from Joey first, and then process from there. I know some of you sent Paypal, but I'd like to process these all as EMT's unless any of you have any objections. It's just easier for me on this end to do it all using the same method.

I'm so sorry it's come to this, I really am. This latest glass order has been a nightmare... an unbelievable nightmare. Add on the tragedies of the last 7 weeks of my life, this is one more mess to clean up -- but I will make it right.

Thanks to all for your patience for this order -- You've all been great, but sadly I think it's time to give up on this glass order until all this backlog gets cleared up (which by the looks of it, won't be until the end of the year).

I do have all your payments recorded, but if you can do me the favour of sending me a PM with the following info just to confirm, it would be helpful to the refund process:

First / Last name:
# of sheets ordered:
Payment sent so far:
Email address:

- Brock