• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FS PDI Glass Now For Sale in Canada!

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
Glass is IN, I'll be picking it up from customs in less than 2 weeks!! :)

14 sheets in total. 12 regular, 2 wide body.

$345 per sheet shipped, buy two sheets for $640 (save $50)

$300 for local pickup

Monkeybug

Nov 14, 2012
Stouffville, ON
I finally saw this stuff on Drano's White Water. Impressive. If you have a game tricked out to the max....this puts it one more level above.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I can see how addictive PDI can be because the last two times Brock brought them in he sold them out within a week. I know a few people have been asking him the past few months when his next batch is coming so this might not last long!

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
Glass is now IN STOCK!

14 sheets in total. 12 regular, 2 wide body.

$345 per sheet shipped, buy two sheets for $640 (save $50)

$300 for local pickup

Once this order is sold out, price will have to go up by $20 unfortunately. My cost has gone up. Still much cheaper than buying them from the US!

Move quick! The last order sold out in 3 DAYS!

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
must...

have...

glass...

:FP:

I'm seriously addicted to this stuff. Just got a couple more sheets.
Thanks Brock!

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
mwong168 said:
Regular glass helps hide playfield wear, that's why I refuse to get PDI for any of my games :cool:

I can't justify the price, it's just glass.

If I was doing the high end recording that PAPATV is planning 100% it makes total sense, but for us nope no way I can justify the price.

Hopefully this stuff gets cheaper one day to make it worth the upgrade.

Cool stuff though.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
This glass is a worthy upgrade for the higher-end games, I think. I wouldn't put this stuff on.. a Rescue 911 for example.

It also works best if you have a lot of LED's in your games. This stuff really makes the colours of LED's "pop". The key is the light diffusion (or in the case of this glass, the lack of it).

The difference really is quite impressive!

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
REVOLUTION said:
This glass is a worthy upgrade for the higher-end games, I think. I wouldn't put this stuff on.. a Rescue 911 for example.

It also works best if you have a lot of LED's in your games. This stuff really makes the colours of LED's "pop". The key is the light diffusion (or in the case of this glass, the lack of it).

The difference really is quite impressive!

Yea but I like to play my games not look at them ;)

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I was always really curious about this glass but no way was I going to ship it up from the US.
At least having Brock import it, it's a little more within reach and so I splurged on two sheets for my two top titles.

Once I got them I started playing around with them in different games and really found that they greatly improved my ability to see and play two other pins that were not in the most ideal location and always suffered from some glare.
Needless to say, MM and CC didn't get the PDI glass ;)

Being a "restoration" guy I do like my games to look as good as they play. So, for me, its a better investment than some other expensive mods out there, which are purely cosmetic.

Thanks Brock!
Maybe next time ill grab one of those wide bodies

medvet

Nov 28, 2012
Ottawa
mrxsiv said:
Once you have this glass, nothing else looks good! Just bought 4 more sheets.
Thanks Brock.
Shaun

Shaun
How does the PDI glass compare to the sheet in WOZ? I think they are similar but different companies? I still like the option of getting from Brock locally (sort of for us Ottawa people ;) ) but just curious as you can buy the glass from Jack at shows in bulk for other games.
ME

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I only saw JJP's in Allentown and not in a side by side comparison.
What I've "heard" is that PDI is better. And this makes sense since the glass PDI sells is highly proprietary and patented. We use it at work also for high end museum showcases. The film is embedded right into the glass sheet.

My understanding is that the JJP stuff has more of a coating applied to it.
Hopefully shaun can shed some light with an honest comparison.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
I have them side-by-side in my home, and here are my thoughts:

- The JJP glass is TINTED with a clear, anti-glare coating, so it is more susceptible to scratches and finger prints, and also feels a little tacky to the touch.
- the viewing angle (or lack there of) is smaller on the JJP glass by comparison from left to right
- The JJP glass is branded with a logo (though it's under the lockdown bar, so most people wouldn't care too much)