• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FS PDI Glass Now For Sale in Canada!

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
If anyone in the Montreal area would like this glass but don't want to pay shipping, our local G-Man is headed that way and has offered to help out!! Thanks, Glenn!

So yeah.. buy a sheet for $300, have it delivered this weekend for FREE!

tom_454

Nov 28, 2012
Ottawa
g-man said:
tom_454 said:
Any chance this could be delivered to Ottawa?

I'd be willing to get it to Sparky's for this Sunday. Dunno if that helps at all.

Thanks but that would just add another layer and probably end up inconveniencing someone else. Perhaps I can work something out for transportation during the Ottawa pinball show.

Cheer,
Tom.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
tom_454 said:
g-man said:
tom_454 said:
Any chance this could be delivered to Ottawa?

I'd be willing to get it to Sparky's for this Sunday. Dunno if that helps at all.

Thanks but that would just add another layer and probably end up inconveniencing someone else. Perhaps I can work something out for transportation during the Ottawa pinball show.

Cheer,
Tom.

Hey Tom, I'll definitely arrange to bring some of this glass with me to O-Town

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
*bump*

To clarify, I'll be bringing sheets of this stuff to the Ottawa show and will have a sheet on display in a game for demonstration in case you've never seen (.. or rather, NOT seen) this glass before. :) Quantity is limited, and you can pre-purchase your sheet with a $50 deposit.

- B

mrxsiv

Nov 20, 2012
Maple, Ontario
www.sksfinancial.com
Sorry for not responding earlier. I have basically been away for most of August in the USA.
I have 4 sheets of JJ glass and about 6 PDI. I have swapped them out on a number of pins. The JJ glass collects lint like crazy. Worst thing you can do is use a micro fibre cloth to clean one! It is a pain in the ass to get clean again. The JJ glass also scratches very easy. I have a few scratches from moving them around from pin to pin. If you have anything on your cloth, it will scratch the glass! None of my PDI glass have been scratched.
PDI glass is the winner! More clear, as I find there is still a bit of a haze on the JJ glass. The film is also on top of the JJ glass as Brock mentioned. You can also see from any angle on the PDI and not on the JJ as it gets a bit hazy on when standing to the side.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this glass for all of your better games. If you can afford to, I would put it on all of the pins. If you only have 1 or 2 pins then it would be a must. If you want to step it up a notch, I would add the glare guards to your DMD. I haven't as I don't like the look of them on the pin cosmetically but it would make the glass perfect!
Shaun

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
mrxsiv said:
If you want to step it up a notch, I would add the glare guards to your DMD. I haven't as I don't like the look of them on the pin cosmetically but it would make the glass perfect!
Shaun

I do both as I hate seeing any DMD reflection. From the sides they do look a bit wierd, but in a row of games that you primarily see from the front, you pretty much forget they are there... until you remove one.
Visibility is key and both of these products together make a huge difference for me; especially if I've spent hundreds or thousands restoring a game; I want to be able to see my work :)

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
Thanks guys

Actually what I'll do is bring an example of both sheets so you can see I'm not full of s**t :D

Don't get me wrong, the JJP glass IS nicer than the standard stuff, but it's still nowhere near the standard of the PDI glass. This stuff is made in Germany by a great guy who owns the patent on it. It's the same glass they use in museums so it's built for a bit of wear and tear. There's NO way JJP glass would hold up in a museum.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
Unfortunately I'm no longer attending the Ottawa show :evil:

The good news though is that if you're picking up glass at the show, Scott (Warlock) has generously offered to help us out. Please send him a PM to arrange a pickup time.

ALSO

If you're wanting to see this glass in person and up close, Scott will have a sheet of it on his Roadshow :)

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
that depends on your definition of "soon" :D

I'm figuring within a month I will have the next order in.

Of course, if I can get a line-up of people with deposits down, things would certainly move faster :)

Bigbossfan

Aug 22, 2013
Lincoln, NB
Ah, yes, soon is such a subjective word!! I'd be more than happy to give you a deposit, PM me to let me know how. What's the interest out there folks??