• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

TIP Pinball machine for cafe

Strongsoul

Dec 23, 2019
Canada
Hello to everyone. I'm newbie here and I need your advice.
Recently I got a small cafe and I want to make game zone there with darts and pinball machine, maybe I'll also place a foosball table there(who knows). Btw, I don't know which option is the best for me.
I'm choosing between Stern Pinball Star Trek and Stern Pinball The Beatles.
I don't think they are really different, except their design.
Anyway, I decided to spend a good sum of money for this machine, so, I don't have any strickt limits.
Any advice are welcomed.

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
Deadpool may have the best re-sale down the road.
Star Trek is probably your second best bet for retaining value.
Beatles is not a machine that gets much love or chat. My concern is that it is a dog title. It's like you have to be pre 1964 to get why the targets are marked that way. Stay away from this title (my opinion).
At the end of the day with a Stern if you want some value later you better buy above the base (pro) model.
Otherwise, wait a few months and catch one on the downswing.
Look at games to extend stay, not get them in the door.

mcuzz

Apr 23, 2016
Georgetown
If you are only getting one machine, theme will be the most important thing to keep the people playing. I would avoid Star Trek and Deadpool, they are very niche themes. Jurassic Park or ghostbusters would be better choices because of their wide appeal, just my opinion.
Mike

Reactions: Kyriel

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
AC/DC is a fun game as well, if this fits in with the cafe's theme. They are priced pretty reasonable if you buy it used.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Agreed that the theme is probably the biggest deal. If something fits with the location, then go for that. Jurassic Park is a good choice, and I think Deadpool could do well too. Beatles might be too "retro" for what you're looking for. New Sterns are probably a good bet from a maintenance perspective.