• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Pinball newbie solenoid question

VA3AVP

Dec 22, 2013
BelleRiver
Hi Guys I ordered some new flipper solenoids and a rebuild kit from Marco pinball for my first pin whirldwind. I have been watching some videos on flipper rebuild kits and I was wondering does the new solenoid come with the plastic sleeve that goes inside it or should I have ordered new plastic sleeves as well???

Thanks Guys

David Pemberton

BelleRiver, Ontario Canada

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Hey Dave, good question. *Usually* new coils come with a sleeve installed, but that's not always the rule. If you ordered a rebuild kit for the flippers, the kit will come with new sleeves.

Just in case you didn't know, replacing the flipper coils during a rebuild is not required unless there is something physically wrong with the old coil(s) such as swollen from mis-adjusted EOS switches etc. If the sleeves come out of your old coils without any trouble, I wouldn't worry about replacing them. Just keep the new coils in the coin box for when you do need them.

If you do have to replace the coils, make sure you install the wiring correctly! Keeping the wires on the same lugs as the olf coil isn't a sure fire guarantee it's correct, you have to make sure the direction of the diodes on the new coil match the old coil first and that the coil windings are attached to the same lugs as the old coil. (power and hold)

D