• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Pinball tech. Near Cambridge ont.

Tcooper

Jan 20, 2013
Cambridge
I'm looking to have some one come out and help me with a couple issue with a couple pins. Any help or contacts would be very appreciated

Tcooper

Jan 20, 2013
Cambridge
Grauwulf said:
What kind of problems, which pins?

Gotllieb victory- kicker near top middle of play field that kicks the ball up the ramp is stuck in forward position, I can manually push the kicker back in place but takes a lot of force. When it does fire barely nudges the ball. Coil has brown all on the paper, it is as simple as just replacing the coil and sleeve?

Grauwulf

Nov 14, 2012
Guelph, Ont
Sounds like it. The coil had probably been locked on at some point in the past and melted the coil. If it's not currently locking on, put a new coil and sleeve in and you should be good to go.

Tcooper

Jan 20, 2013
Cambridge
Grauwulf said:
Sounds like it. The coil had probably been locked on at some point in the past and melted the coil. If it's not currently locking on, put a new coil and sleeve in and you should be good to go.

I just acquired the pin, played a half dozen games then walked away from it. When I returned about an hour later that kicker was constantly firing, I presume the switch was just stuck, this is probably what screwed the coil, thanks a lot

Grauwulf

Nov 14, 2012
Guelph, Ont
Yep, pretty good chance that's all it was, assuming it stopped doing it. You may want to adjust the switch if you haven't already.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Could also be due to those *oh-so-awesome* grounds GTB pins are renowned for... (in case you find it's not the switch)

D

Tcooper

Jan 20, 2013
Cambridge
Does any one have a contact for in home tech. To visit, I also have a display issue with another pin that is out of my comfort zone, thanks

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
I could come out but it's a tad far from me and you'd probably end up paying more for my travel time than tech time. (although I was on a 6hr service call last night so you never know) James (Grau) might be closer?

D

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
If your problem can wait a year or two I will hopefully be competent enough at fixing pinball machines to do it :p

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
I'm far from a pro, but I've fixed quite a few problems on my old f-14. I've also done the ground mods on spring break before. I'd be willing to help out, since I'm just in Kitchener.

Send me a pm if you want me to come look at things.