• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Polk PSW10 Sub-Woofer $99.00

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Are these worth getting? I already have a FF kit in LOTR, and it sounds pretty amazing, but I was thinking of trying to add this to SM/XM (if I can do 2 games on a sub).

Bigbossfan

Aug 22, 2013
Lincoln, NB
I added one to my WH20.......huge improvement to the sound, much to the wifes chagrin! At that price, it's a steal. If you don't like it, I'm sure you'd be able to sell it here. But I bet you'll like it!

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
So it does improve a pre-DCS game? I thought it'd be a more minimal improvement on those as opposed to newer stuff? In any case, for those that have wired 2 games to the same sub, how does it work if both are going at once? More risk of blowing out the speaker, or is the effect completely destroyed this way?

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I think the result is going to vary depending on each game but the nice thing is there is no permanent modification required. All you need to do is get some gator clips, add long enough wire, unscrew the factor sub so that you can feed the wires through to hook up to the polk sub like this.

8749690631_a88dca160c_z.jpg

You can split one polk sub between two games or else you can just pre-run each one of your games with this wire and move the sub around depending on your mood. Worse case if you don't like it at all you have i think 14 or 30 days to return at Bestbuy? I leave my sub permanently on my Tron and it makes a huge difference in the sound imo.

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
I played a Firepower hooked up to one of these. It added so much to the game I can't even describe it.

I'm thinking of picking up a 3rd to connect to High Speed and Grand Lizard.