• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Predator Pinball artwork

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
I often wondered if the ramps would get one last re-work or not. Those are definitely home brew, and here's hoping they get James @ Pinball Inc to produce the production versions.

D

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
Did anyone ask Kevin to join up on PBRev down when you were down there? It'd be great to see some Skit-B representation here.

Also I believe those ramps are home-made and not final. It's good to see progress.. the art tweaks are coming along, it looks like they may have fixed the out of proportion Arnie.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Sorry, did not mention PREV, but the game was a lot of fun. I liked the art in game. Can't wait to see the plastics.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I've only just caught up on a few predator updates.
Here are a few parts from Matt at Back Alley.
Predator claws which will top the ramp diverter and some vertebrae that will likely be adorning the VUK wireform.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    523.7 KB · Views: 1,854
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    347.9 KB · Views: 1,854

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
Looking forward to seeing the final prototype.

My concerns at this time:

-Are they keeping or changing the backglass art?
-Are they keeping or changing the cabinet art?
-Are the cool playfield dressings from Back Alley good enough instead of an actual mechanical toy?
-Is playfield wood, color reproduction and clearcoat good enough and tested enough to avoid grief in the months/years ahead for new owners?
-In light of the difficulty we've seen JJP with getting production machines out the door, do they have a real plan or ability to mass produce this game?

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Well, it's been a while since we've had a proper update. This is from Kevin at SkitB... posted yesterday.

And a nice wholesome pic from Matt at Back Alley :D
This spine/skull is going to dress the wireform from the VUK onto the right ramp.

Kevin (on Pinside):
Sorry to be so scarce, everybody. We're hard at work over here with lots of big things coming together and we're already looking towards Expo.
It's no secret that working with contractors to get parts made takes time and has holdups, but things are moving along quite well. We've gotten some stuff in recently that hasn't been shown/talked about yet that are extremely cool, like custom backbox lighting by CoinTaker lighting! The final game is coming together nicely, and no worries about a complete game this year
Website is assembled and is passing simple tests, so that should be up shortly. All donation appreciation packages have been sent out this week, as well, so if you've been waiting on your T-Shirt (thank you so much for your patience), keep an eye on your mailbox.
Lastly, update emails were sent out to EVERYONE, so if you didn't get it, email me so I can get it out to you again, but please check your junk/spam folders and settings first.

Attachments

• pred_skull_in_blood.JPG
    pred_skull_in_blood.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,145

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Golden Graham said:
I know I am in the minority of buyers...but I am getting more and more nervous about this pin! My money is still in though......

Why, do you have some new information?

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Drano and I will see Kevin and Aaron in 10-12 days at expo.
Drano is # 3 "Predator". I have heard no reason to worry...

I have the max at 3 "Predator's" as well. Myself plus 2 other
member's pins. Never been worried. The boyz are working.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
I'm a little worried. Shortcomings with the game until now have been forgivable because it was a work in progress. from what they've told us, the expo game will be 100% complete. or, if not, then they still aren't capable of shipping anytime soon.

I'm later in the build order though, so Drano gets to be the guinea pig :).

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Yeah, I'm not worried either. There hasn't been anything to come out to make me worry, and the longer it takes them to build the more time I have to save. :)

D

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
The new website that they were supposedly working on is a bit of a joke... and no mention of Predator at all.
I guess all will be revealed in a few days.

This pic posted yesterday by Kevin was not much of an udpdate from the one I posted a while ago.

Anyway, look for more coverage from Expo in a few days.
All I can say is that the rough proto we played in Allentown was pretty fun. The sound system and audio alone made it an experience.
Gameplay was okay and the layout is decent. Modes were fun and well thought out. I hope it all comes together as they had intended.

Attachments

• WP_000353.jpg
    WP_000353.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,026

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
DRANO said:
The new website that they were supposedly working on is a bit of a joke... and no mention of Predator at all.

The website is contributing to my concern. Not only that it has no mention of Predator, but that they spent time working on it themselves, when they should have a shit ton of work in front of them. Creating a website is just busy work. And in this case totally unnecessary since the 250 machines are spoken for. Makes me concerned about their business acumen which is already suspect from how slow they are to respond to people, handling their business, no real plan shown about how this is going to get completed.

But the fact it shows nothing of Predator, and talks about Duck Hunt, a game that will never be sold, again makes me wonder if these guys can manage a million-dollar operation.

2 weeks until we find out, I guess.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
It's not the design that is the issue for me, but that it displays a complete lack of business sense. It's a homebrew site promoting their homebrew experiment, not the machine based on a movie license with 250 pre-orders totaling $1,000,000.

Anyhow, as stated above, it doesn't make me feel confident. All the cards will be down on the table next week.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Have you put more cash into the project Chris?

I feel fine given the current investment, I still only have the $250 deposit, if I had more into it I might be a bit more hesitant on the lack of progress, but for the inital deposit, I'm content to sit and wait for the if or when this project either fails or succeeds.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
Well, we were talking about feeling confidence in the project. For $250 I'm rolling the dice and can live with that. But I can still have concerns about how things are coming together.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
meh

It's not my first go round the rodeo, this is the same kinda stuff that happened with Big Bang Bar (not that I got one but I did watch the show :) )

They seem enthusiastic to get this done and are promising delivery dates and things they can't deliver on. It seems to me like it's more a case of "Their eyes are bigger then their stomach"

As long as it keeps moving forward, even if it takes another 2 years I don't care, it gets here when it gets here, I'm in no rush.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
My biggest concern is that this game is going to have more of a "home-brew" feel than a professional quality to it. Time will tell, can't wait for the reports back from Expo! Lots of great reveals at this year's expo, I wish I was going..