• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Predator Pinball artwork

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Well, you asked for it Predator Community... and now you got it!

The team at Skit-B has reached out to me to say that they would like to knock out a live video interview from the Texas Pinball Festival with all of YOU! This is a pinside exclusive!

I will act as a moderator, repeating your questions that you type into the window to Skit-B out loud, and you will be able to watch and listen live as they respond!

This will not be 20/20 or ABC News... this is just a cool way to allow you guys to ask some of those burning questions and get some hard answers right from the team themselves! Very very cool of them to offer to do this!

Channel - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jguynes

I will update this thread on the CST time this will be conducted. Lets allow them to unpack and get situated before we shove a camera in their face.

The recording will be saved on the channel for viewing in the future.

I am not in on a Predator, but I respect the great effort that has gone into making it a reality... and also to all of the pinside members who believe in these guys and at the end of the day just want to have a really great boutique pinball game. Hopefully the interview can be of some positive for everyone involved.

-Jared

pinside link here: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ ... -questions

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Predator at the Texax Pinball Festival

210606.jpg

210607.jpg

210854-i.jpeg

210855-i.jpeg

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
211435-i.jpg

211433-i.jpg

211434-i.jpg

211432-i.jpg

211431-i.jpg

211429-i.jpg

211428-i.jpg

211425-i.jpg

211430-i.jpg

211426-i.jpg

211424-i.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNg6q_NY6ZI&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Sounds like the boys had a much better showing in Texas than they did in Kentucky!
Gladd to see most of the bugs are ironing themsleves out.
Still don't see much happening with that UV... but I guess in a darker home setting, it should be fine.

I can't wait for Allentown!
I played it there last year and, even in it's rough form, it was a lot of fun. looks pretty mean now!

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
DRANO said:
Still don't see much happening with that UV... but I guess in a darker home setting, it should be fine.

I noticed that Kevin changed the blacklighting for the game @ TPF, and it was confirmed they are now two large tubes. Be interesting to see how they integrate them into the cab, if at all, but they were needed over the previous design for sure.

Sounds like the whole package is slowly coming together as expected. Looking forward to getting mine towards the end of the year. Timing around my birthday would be perfect! :cool:

D

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Video showing ball lock claw in action and a surprise call out towards the end :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Z1Xjfz-H-Tc[/youtube]

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
wow! blink and you'll miss that claw.

There has been a slew of pretty honest reviews on the game from guys at TPF.

The general consensus was:

-gameplay was great and fairly challenging (but different). Lots of focus on the sides of the playfield while trying to avoid the middle (think BSD)
-lighting is way too harsh. lots of guys calling for warm white GI and not so bright. Spoils the dark jungle theme a bit
-sound is incredible and really amplifies the experience
-UV tubes look like an afterthought (which they are). Hopefully they'll get 'dressed' somehow. The UV effect is still non-existent.
-'Hopper' figure looks a bit unifinished and just dangles there for no apparent reason
-VUK is awesome. Claw is a neat feature
-plastics look low res and 'homebrew'
-playfield looks great
-cabinet and art package look awesome
-video captures for the DMD are really well done
-the game layout and feel seems to be a bit of a throwback. simple layout and shots... but backed up with smart code and fun modes

I read some good and some bad. Hopefully some of that will be addressed before delivery.
Overall, it seems like a great first effort from SkitB that may just need a little more polish.

Looking forward to it.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
Has it ever been explained what happened to Aaron? He just upped and disappeared and nothing said about it. I just find that odd.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
I'm thinking the UV ink in the PF will only seriously shine through if UV LED's are added at right angles under all the PF plastics. Where the tubes are situated on the sides all of the UV gets blocked by the ramps and PF plastics so it never really makes it out to the middle of the PF. I'm sure if the effect is not substantial enough, it wouldn't take much at all to mod the game to install our own UV LED's into the PF.

D

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
regarding UV, it will also have to be in a dark room. Kevin in his interview this past weekend (at TPF) they were situated directly under a light, which didn't help.

He also mentioned in the interview that he and Aaron remain good friends and that Aaron simply didn't want to be involved in the project anymore.

The plastics look ok to me in the pics, but regardless it won't be long before some more realistic jungle mods are in the works. (hint hint?)

- B

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
I think the plastics look fine, but the pics were pointing out the very rough edges. Didn't look nice and smooth like they should be.

D

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Menace said:
I think the plastics look fine, but the pics were pointing out the very rough edges. Didn't look nice and smooth like they should be.

D

I think the comments were also that the art was very low res and that they seemed to not be very professionally printed/cut.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
More gameplay video

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=c2wu_hhWk5Q[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Z6zR_SkcIzQ[/youtube]

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Welp, I just paid in full for my machine.

Skitb came asking for Half deposits, so I figured WTH and just paid for it in full.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I've been paid up for some time. Was really hoping my game would be ready for pickup in Allentown, but not looking promising.
As soon as the dollar started to go below par, I hurried up and paid. I figured, with game #3, my money would be due earlier anyway.
Looking forward to playing it in A-town!

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Mine isn't slated for production until late summer, thankfully... Fingers crossed the exchange comes back up a bit by then. :)

D