• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Predator Pinball artwork

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Menace said:
Mine isn't slated for production until late summer, thankfully... Fingers crossed the exchange comes back up a bit by then. :)

D

I only had till May 1st to make a 1/2 the cost of the game, so I figured I might as well just pay for all of it at this point and get the extra stuff

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
*shrugs* last I heard like 90 in the production line, but that was like almost 6 months to a year ago, so who knows now, I asked for an updated production number

pingod

Dec 14, 2012
Calgary,Alberta
I am #16,production under 40.
Of course I need to make my decision by the end of the month.
I was hoping to see a good game play video of the final product.
Based only on what I see,I am in.
Kevin did answer my ? About the UV in his interview.
He did say you could see it in a dark game room.
Still wouldn't have been a deal breaker for me.
Smart move Drano,paying early :)

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I get replies from Kevin sometimes 2-3 weeks after sending him an email. It's not unusual given the amount of shows they've been taking the game to.
I think Allentown is still up in the air, but I really hope they make it. Lots of predator buyers will be in attendance.

Kevin recently posted on pinside that he is about to wrap up a massive video where he gives a full gameplay tutorial and runs through all of the features and concerns in depth.
Apparently it is imminent. Not sure of that means today or next week? Guess we'll see.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Yea I know, it's just unsettling to send someone $5000 in cash and then get 0 response.

I know everything will be fine, but it would be nice to just get a "Thanks we have received your payment and marked you down as paid in full" type response.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Vengeance said:
Yea I know, it's just unsettling to send someone $5000 in cash and then get 0 response.

I know everything will be fine, but it would be nice to just get a "Thanks we have received your payment and marked you down as paid in full" type response.

Try dealing with JPOP and Zidware. Absolutely no confirmation emails or any receipt of any kind... and those games are $10K+++
I've asked for a statement of account and was told they were working on it. That was a month ago.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
DRANO said:
Try dealing with JPOP and Zidware. Absolutely no confirmation emails or any receipt of any kind... and those games are $10K+++
I've asked for a statement of account and was told they were working on it. That was a month ago.

No thanks :mrgreen:

Also I've figured out there isn't a single Jpop game I actually like :lol:

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
It looks like Predator did make it to Expo and here is a video Steve from Pinball Refinery shot of it.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QB6NgkkN8Hk[/youtube]

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Biggest problem with the game at EXPO was that it was inoperable for the majority of the show .. hopefully they can iron out the bugs but it was frustrating walking by it multiple times on different days only to see it dark ... it was definetly overshadowed by TBL which was about 30 feet away (well 2 or 3 TBLs actually) and they were operable at all times (some ball hangups and such but an amazing job by the Dutch guys in under a year)

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
SquidVicious said:
it was definetly overshadowed by TBL which was about 30 feet away (well 2 or 3 TBLs actually) and they were operable at all times (some ball hangups and such but an amazing job by the Dutch guys in under a year)

While we've only known about TBL for about a year, the word is they actually have 2 - 3 years worth of dev into TBL... not that it matters all that much though. The game looks pretty damn good!

D

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Menace said:
SquidVicious said:
it was definetly overshadowed by TBL which was about 30 feet away (well 2 or 3 TBLs actually) and they were operable at all times (some ball hangups and such but an amazing job by the Dutch guys in under a year)

While we've only known about TBL for about a year, the word is they actually have 2 - 3 years worth of dev into TBL... not that it matters all that much though. The game looks pretty damn good!

D

Didn't know that but even with that said it was the best game at the show (wish I had one on order) .. ahead of TH and way ahead of TWD (TBL was running what they called pre alpha code but still had a decent number of call outs etc ... )

I don't know if anyone else had issues with Heighways new cab design but I found after just one game the rail was digging into my palms