• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

PS3 BLACK Ops II-FOR SALE $45 SUCKS BALLS!

Ancient Games

Nov 15, 2012
Kawartha Lakes, ON
Hey! I just wanted to be the first to post in a section and pop its cherry!

AHEM...........ECHO! ECho! Echo....echo..o ...o....o ;)

Anyway, I also wanted to say I play PS3 until 3am some days. So I don't bother my wife mainly. I got hooked on these online shooter games like MAG. Old but man I think its fun. So I grabbed the new Black OPS II the other day. Haven't tried it yet but I was curious what some others thought. I have no desire to go to a PS3 forum. Just wanted to ask here. Whats it like online? Opinions?

Cheers, Mike

(FOR SALE< SEE LATER POSTS- I'd rather play with my GI Joes)

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Re: PS3 Spec Ops II

Mike,
No idea what the online life is like. Just got my first PS3 a couple of weeks ago. I did the launch for Assassins Creed Revelations recently in TO.
I am more of an X-BOX guy, and skipped over PS2 entirely from the original PS. All I can say is that when Halo and Halo II were out, my youngest brother was one of the best online. (He is 14 years younger than me) When he played myself and our other brother (who is only a year and a bit younger than me) we destroyed him. If you never stopped playing vids, and you started when asteroids came out like I did, it's hard to keep up. Won't be joining a vid forum.
Will just play vids with guys that are here for bragging rights, just like pinball. (Until we are beaten again)
Cheers
Scott

Ancient Games

Nov 15, 2012
Kawartha Lakes, ON

Oh I know. I wouldn't say I suck but I get angry at the TV when someone reacts faster than I do. I like the basic 2 button and a joystick game. This double thumb stick and 8-12 button config is damn confusing. I find I kill myself more with grenades when I try to heal myself....click click click BANG "DAMN IT!!" LOL. But I find its fun.

The one thing I shake my head at is the language online. People with head sets are really nasty at times. I suck and they let me know it. Not to mention the swearing that goes on. I heard a father come on and give people shit. I chuckled a little but its a touch situation. The games that are 18+ are like that for a reason.

I'll be throwing in the new game soon but for the time being I prefer enjoying the good weather and working on other things while I can.

Mike

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON

Is that Spec Ops the line? I heard the campaign in that one is interesting, but it sounds like a reasonably run of the mill shooter. I suppose if you're looking for that style of game though, why not go full on Call of Duty? Might be a bigger asshat quotient, but at least you're getting what's probably the high watermark of competitive FPS.

I gave up trying to compete online a long time ago though. Just not enough time. Still play a bunch of Xbox when I can though, but nowadays games are taking months to finish (instead of what used to be a couple of weeks). The number of games in my "to play" stack is getting way out of hand...

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON

I've been playing shooters for 20 years now since the original release of Wolfenstien 3d in 1992.

I HATE with a passion the current trend of realistic shooters in the gaming marketplace. COD, BF, Halo all of them are terrible IMO and I'don't understand how they have gained such popularity. They are all generic bland boring shooters and it doesn't matter which of them you play because they are all the same.

Forget spec ops and pickup either Resistance or Resistance 3 (Resistance 2 as it tried going to way of realistic shooters) those are examples of great shooters with good story lines and fun mechanics.

There is a game critic I like who has the exact same opinions as I do on the current trend in the shooting genre these days.

Here is is review of spec ops:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... s-The-Line

and here is a review which outlines exactly who I feel perfectly about the current direction of the FPS genre.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... FG-Edition

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON

I'll give you COD and BF with the realistic direction, but Halo? I'd think that's about as far from realistic as you can get, given the regenerating shields, alien plasma weapons, and giant energy swords. I only played the first Resistance, but as soon as you got by the first chapter, I seem to remember it turning very Halo-like with regenerating health. On one hand, getting rid of health packs might have made things "easier", but on the other, it means that each encounter can be designed with certain expectations, and that in most cases quicksaving your way through the game is removed.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON

Halo = Chest high walls, regenerating health, bland weapons, boring storyline, everything wrong with shooters today.

Resistance doesn't have regenerating health, you can only regenerate health to a certain point, if you lost a bar of health, that health is gone until you find a med kit. It makes for a more intense battle situation as you can just find cover and sit there and suck your thumb until all your health comes back it is much more like that of the OG shooters of old like Doom where all you had was your health and it couldn't regenerate.

Ancient Games

Nov 15, 2012
Kawartha Lakes, ON

:) Thanks guys. I see I made a mistake. I bought Call of Duty - Balck Ops II. Not spec ops. I always do shit like this. But does it matter? You guys should have known what I was talking about!!

I totally get what you guys are saying. The game i'm playing online does get bland but I like playing against people. Out smarting them and sneaking around etc. I like to hide in the grass, trees or crevasses with a good sniper.

Initially we bought the PS3 for games like Skyrim which my wife loves and I never got to play it :(. Also racing games like Grid. I find the grafix on the PS3 amazing. The nintendo Wii never gets touched anymore.

So...It was Black Ops II. Silly kids.

Mike

Ancient Games

Nov 15, 2012
Kawartha Lakes, ON
Re: PS3 BLACK Ops II

Wow...I just put the game in last night and tried it out. Started the campain and it was ok. Nothing special. The stages of the mission are way too short and a little confusing.

So I figured the online part would be better. NOT. Holy cow does it suck. I never played the other Black Ops but the colors and layout of the levels are crap.

Gotta say, I prefer the old MAG (online only) way way waaaaaay better. Sure, simplistic but more "realistic" so to speak. And with hundreds of players playing vs. just a hand full your always on the alert.

What a disappointment after all the hype.

Anyone want it? I paid full price. Asking $45. Seriously, I think it sucks but YOU might not. I can mail it.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com

Vengeance said:
Halo = Chest high walls, regenerating health, bland weapons, boring storyline, everything wrong with shooters today.

... boring storyline? I'd agree with Halo 3, but the first 2 Halo games were spectacular writing. I just picked up Halo 4 as I was reading some reviews and apparently the new studio hit this one out of the park. Halo 3 was a total disappointment.. I bought it on launch day and had it beat 2 days later. It was obvious Bungie just wanted to get the thing done and over with to finish off their contract.. it was also clearly geared toward online play, which is something I don't bother with anymore. As such, the games I buy *HAVE* to have good single player campaigns or I won't even bother.

Ancient Games

Nov 15, 2012
Kawartha Lakes, ON
Vengeance said:
Yep I'm with Mike, You should try Skyrim Mike, that was an awesome game.

Ya man, I did! I wanted to play and then my wife had holidays and took it over....she has pretty much beat it with over 550hrs logged according to the game. So....killed it a little for me. Then I figured I'd buy oblivion which is the one before....annnnd she's taken that over too. DAMN IT! She never touches the racing games or shootem ups so i'm safe with those.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Ancient Games said:
Ya man, I did! I wanted to play and then my wife had holidays and took it over....she has pretty much beat it with over 550hrs logged according to the game. So....killed it a little for me. Then I figured I'd buy oblivion which is the one before....annnnd she's taken that over too. DAMN IT! She never touches the racing games or shootem ups so i'm safe with those.

I've got 92 hours logged into Skyrim thus far :p

There is always Saints Row, GTA, similar open world concept idea but with guns rather then swords.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
You could probably still get a reasonable trade credit these days for a game that new...or you could try ebay/kijiji.

If you want an open world game with guns, try Saints Row the Third. It's a better GTA game than GTA4 was.