• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Roller Games with a sound issue

tim.sanderson

When I put out my TOPL email fishing for a possible R911-for-a-project trade, a guy sent me a message saying he had a WILLIAMS ROLLERGAMES that needs some love. (I’m not sure if he’s an active member here or not) It’s not an early DMD like I was hoping for but it is a System 11, which I’d be more than happy with. While he wasn't interested in trading, he said it was available for purchase. From his email:

• I did some work on it, but never really spent the time tinkering on it that I thought I would and now could use the space. It "mostly works", but the sound doesn't function, and it could definitely use new rubber. PF/BG/Cab are pretty good. Diamond coat on the PF.

How big of an issue is the sound thing? Knowing what I’ve fixed in the past, is this something I can handle? (I'm sure most PBRev'ers know, I’d actually prefer problems like this if it helps lower the price. ;)

As always, I greatly appreciate input from the knowledge base that is PBRev!!

Grauwulf

Nov 14, 2012
Guelph, Ont
Could be as simple as a bad volume pot. Possibly missing the voltage going to the sound board for the amp, or a bad amp itself.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Everything can be fixed, it just depends on how much you're willing to try to do. Really just depends on the price. I'm also pretty sure that not all Rollergames were diamondplated, so that's a good thing to have.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Only the early production RG's had DP PF's. It would seem Canada was fortunate enough to get a large number of these DP games, as I've had 3 of the 4 pass through my hands with Diamond Plate so far.

As for the sound issue, as others have stated could be any number of things from simple to difficult to repair. If you decide to pass on it, let me know as I might be interested in picking it up. :)

D

websherpa

Feb 10, 2013
Waterdown, ON
If I could get another reasonable costing Rollergames in just about any condition, I would. I miss mine (as Spiroagnew knows all too well). It must be a very personal game, others among my friends hate it as a single player game.