• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Row out

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Describe the problem.
Is the entire row just not registering at all or are you getting false readings?

Have you confirmed the connector and header pin for that row are making good contact? Looks like it's 1J10-8

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Where you're in London, just call Cooke to come and fix it. No sense chasing your tail and potentially doing more damage to the PCB.

D

atariaction

Dec 1, 2012
London, ON
stores.ebay.com
Corey and I have been working on this issue together. I'll describe in more detail...

None of the switches in row 2 are registering. The wiring and diodes all tested fine so we looked to the board.

There is continuity from the molex connector to the header pin 1J10-8 and from the header pin to the next component on the board (which I think was a transistor leg)

We did the jumper test using alligator clips and a diode. We jumpered column pins to row pins and all worked fine except for row 2 which did not register when jumpered.

Corey suggested Q46 was the issue. It tested fine but I changed it anyways and the issue is still there.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
I think changing any of those transistors is only going to help if you have a whole COLUMN out, not a row. You need to start looking at the resistor networks, specifically SR11. If that checks out you've likely got an issue with the 4011 IC's and using a logic probe and a schematic you should be able to find which one is causing you the problem. If those don't solve the problem then you're all the way back to the PIA that controls the matrix.

D

atariaction

Dec 1, 2012
London, ON
stores.ebay.com
So it turns out that the 4011 socket was already replaced and it was a bad socket AND the 4011 was bad as well. Corey got me all fixed up and finally after half a year or more I think all switch Matrix issues are resolved. Thanks for your help Doug

Reactions: Menace