• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Rust Remover advice?

Monkeybug

Nov 14, 2012
Stouffville, ON
I am redoing a classic Stern game at the moment and need to remove some decent amount of rust from specific parts, underneath the playfield. Before I go out an buy some rust strippers/removers, I was wondering what sort of luck others have had with them? I am looking for something that I can throw a whole bunch of parts into a bucket and then let them soak for a few days, rather than manually cleaning each piece.

g-man

Nov 19, 2012
Brampton / Caledon
Some guy over at MAACA was asking the same question. I told him that Evapo-Rust from Canadian Tire was pretty good. Jokes on him. Just between you and me, that product sucks arse. What a loser !

Anyway, I don't have any advice. Just wanted to tell you about that turd burglar over on MAACA. :mrgreen:

Monkeybug

Nov 14, 2012
Stouffville, ON
g-man said:
Some guy over at MAACA was asking the same question. I told him that Evapo-Rust from Canadian Tire was pretty good. Jokes on him. Just between you and me, that product sucks arse. What a loser !

Anyway, I don't have any advice. Just wanted to tell you about that turd burglar over on MAACA. :mrgreen:

Jeez, the nerve of some guy copying my question.

Since I don't have Evaporust, I am going to empty out some coca-cola.....

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Metal will still be quite pitted once you remove all the rust, if you want, you'll need a buffing machine to remove the pitting.