• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Same bulb burning out multiple times?

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
This might be coincidence, but I think the same insert bulbs are getting burnt out over and over again on some of my machines. The 10 million door panel on TZ is out, and I'm sure that I changed it a few weeks ago. Might have just been a crappy bulb, but I know I've had the same thing happen on a GI bulb on CV and WH20. Is this a common thing? Anything in particular that you'd check on the socket? If I plug a new bulb in, it'll work fine, but inevitably the one I replace will go before the one beside it that's twice as old.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Usually if bulbs in the GI are burning out they are brighter than the rest and are seeing more voltage than they should. (this can happen if a number of other bulbs are out in the same GI string given the design)

As for the insert, I would think it's just a fluke?

D

good_buddy83

Dec 19, 2012
Beamsville
As for the insert light, try the solder pads, solder around pins, etc. I like to use a spot sanding pen (for autobody repair) and rough up the socket a little to make sure there is good contact. I have had this a few times, it is frustrating, but feels good when you finally fix it for good. Is it buring out (look at the filaments in the bulb) or just quite working?

I also know what you mean with the GI's, similar thing there chase the wires and make sure all connections are good, sand the bases a bit for good contact, etc. You will find it eventually but it will take time.