• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Shadow left ramp right ring switch

good_buddy83

Dec 19, 2012
Beamsville
Does anyone else have an insanely difficult time trying to get this switch to work 100% of the time, or am I the only idiot.

All in all I have screwed with it for at least 2-3 hours. The switch works fine in the switch test, 100%. The problem is when I rocket the ball around on a skill shot. I think the switch location is too close to the top of the ramp, so the ball sometimes jumps the switch actuator. I would say the switch registers 50-60% of the time now. Works fine if the shot is slow. Doesn't work if I rocket it and is flakey in the middle. Any tips or ideas to make this thing work 100%. I am getting frustrated. I tried rebending the switch every which may until it finaly broke. Put in a roller switch instead, no help. Replaced with a new original switch and have the same original problems. I think I need to focus now on controlling the balls path more than the switch itself. Is there a mod to fix this? I want to put the switch way to the right down the ramp now to ensure it registers. Help please. Picture of yours might help. Thanks.

good_buddy83

Dec 19, 2012
Beamsville
Damn smart kids. Thanks Adam.

I always thought these switches were for bending your own. Never even thought to leave it straight. Thanks, I'll have to put an order in.

Good luck in Germany!

good_buddy83

Dec 19, 2012
Beamsville
To be honest I was at the point of bending my actuator completely straight when it broke, so I abandoned the idea. I'll try again. Thanks.