• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Shipping games to US addresses

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
We here in Ontario pay some of the highest prices for our games.. so as an alternative, it's best to buy our games south of the border (especially with the dollar at par!)

If you're driving, that usually limits your purchase area to around the border towns that connect with Canada. Unfortunately those US sellers are catching on, so the prices in those areas seem to be going up. One way around this though is to buy a pin from the southern states (ie. California, Florida, etc) and have them ship the game to a border town for you! It's really much easier than you think.

Try using a site like www.kinek.com to get yourself started. If the seller in the US isn't willing to ship, find out if they're willing to let the game go if you arrange all the shipping yourself. Then you can use a website like www.uship.com and have someone pick up and transport the game for you! It's a brilliant website that works a lot like Ebay (only in reverse). You enter in a description of what it is you need moved, what kind of service you're looking for (I recommend a "blanket service" for pins), enter the "auction time" and you're all set! The bids on shipping your game just roll in.. there's no obligation to accept any bids, and you can eventually choose the one you like. Then all you have to do is pay the shipper (and a small fee to Uship) and your game is on it's way to a border town near you. :D

I did this with my Strange Science game.. had it coming in from Utah. Between the cost of the Kinek and Uship services, it cost me about $350 to get my game. Now keep in mind, I got lucky at the border and didn't have to pay taxes.. but your mileage may vary. There are cheaper ways of doing this of course, but as with anything in life.. the easier it is, the more expensive it is. ;) That said, I was incredibly pleased with the whole thing and it has broadened my search spectrum for sure.

Happy hunting!

- B

©2012, PinballRevolution.com

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
I plan to start doing runs from PAPA and Pinburgh.

I'm down there enough anyway so I'll take the truck and pick some stuff up in the process and take some nice exemptions for being down there for a few days.

g-man

Nov 19, 2012
Brampton / Caledon
But to what U.S. address do you have the machine delivered ?

Do you just ask the guy to leave it on a street corner in Cheektowaga ? :mrgreen:

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
g-man said:
But to what U.S. address do you have the machine delivered ?

Do you just ask the guy to leave it on a street corner in Cheektowaga ? :mrgreen:

That was sort of my quesiton earlier in my Detroit address post.
I guess I'll go check out www.kinek.com

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Kinek is a US warehouse business, and they have locations all over the USA. It's just like having a PO box, but it's a warehouse with staff so there is someone there to sign for deliveries etc. They charge you based on the type of item dropped off and the weight, and they hold it for you until you pick it up. I had a very high end pair of speakers I bought off Ebay shipped from DE to a Kinek depot in downtown Buffalo (and I used Uship.com for these as well oddly enough) and the transaction couldn't have gone smoother.

D

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I looked into it. Apparently there are no Kinex locations right in Detroit that would accept a pinball machine.
The nearest one is in Marine City to the North.

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Kinek runs a tight ship. They seem to be popular out Michigan way. However, having your item shipped to New York might make for a closer trip for some Torontonians. If so, I highly suggest using CBI USA (http://www.cbiusa.com). They run an excellent shipping address service--reasonable rates, family-run personable service, and they'll take great care of your item for you. Located in Niagara Falls, New York...a stone's throw from the Queenston and Rainbow bridges and very popular with the Hogtown crowd.