• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Solar City Score Motor

arctic

Jan 27, 2013
Ontario
It won't stop running. I have unplugged the back box and play field and she still just keeps spinning. So must be in the cabinet. My questions, where would you start looking, what should I be looking for and what to do about it?

Any experience of info. is appreciated.

Thanks
A

arctic

Jan 27, 2013
Ontario
I adjusted the Ax relay and that stopped the motor. I was then able to test the play field components , all working. Now can't get anything to happen in the back box. No score reset, won't register credits or score. So now where to look? At the back box units or still in the cabinet?

I am thinking in the back box would be a good place to start? I feel close to getting this thing working- once I do that I will clean her up nice, but want all the components working first.

BTW anyone know how to set it up for free play? All my machines are on credit, I really don't know how to set up the free play thing.

Thanks.

amona

Nov 19, 2012
Barrie
Take a close close look at the latch relays, such as the game over relay. There is very little travel on these and they are quite easy to get out of adjustment and cause the sorts of problems you face. Also unless the game kicks the ball out and closes the switch as it rolls towards the plunger the game won't behave properly.

Setting the game to free play is really easy. When the credit reel reads 0 you will see two switches open, when the reel reads 1 or more those switches close. Either bend them so they are always closed or put a jumper wire on the one that allows the game to start. Beats me which one that is, but if it isn't the first one its the second (the other switch is to stop the credit reel from trying to go below 0 I think, nut sure as the reel usually has a mechanical stop to prevent it from doing that. You can jumper each one separately but only one needs to be closed to have the game work on free play). Then nice thing is that credits will still go up and down as you win games, pay for games and play games. It just lets you play more once you get down to 0.

Good luck.

I hope to get Target Alpha up and running in the basement this weekend.

arctic

Jan 27, 2013
Ontario
Solar City Update- Into the score reels now. Manually activating relays- got the chimes to sing. It is slowly coming back to life. More to sort out this weekend...