• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Solenoids active during attract mode (Hollywood Heat - syste

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
So on the weekend something strange happened with my Hollywood heat and now all solenoids are active during the attract mode and if the machine tilts. In other words if the machine isn't playing I can hit the flippers and they will work. I haven't actually got a chance to thoroughly look at it yet to assess what could be wrong but I plan on getting into it in the next few days and figured I'd get a head start with what to look at.

I'm guessing it could be something to do with the "game over" relay not working correctly? Just by the name I would assume that would control solenoid power but I may be wrong (like I said haven't had a chance to get deep in the manual yet).

This may also be related but every once in a while f11 will blow on start up. When I replace the fuse it seems to work fine after. I can always tell when f11 blows because it won't fire the drop target resets.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Re: Solenoids active during attract mode (Hollywood Heat - s

Game over relay would certainly be where I'd start looking.

D

Grauwulf

Nov 14, 2012
Guelph, Ont

Ditto. And with the fuse occasionally blowing I'd be looking at the transistor that drive the game over relay. Q1 on the driver board, MPS-U45.

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford

Thanks for the help guys. I was able to fix it tonight. It was the gap on the game over relay's leaf switch causing issues. The switch was closed no matter if the relay was active or not. Once I fixed the gap all is working well again :)

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora

Excellent. This might also remedy the fuse blowing issue as well... If not, post back here.

D

atariaction

Dec 1, 2012
London, ON
stores.ebay.com

I will post here but maybe a new post is in order. One of my hollywood heat rollover lights does not work. Continuity from light socket to connector in back box is good. Even replaced the transistor. Any suggestions? Also light socket is good.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora

If continuity so good all the way from the socket to the transistor, and the transistor is good then it's up stream and you'll likely need a logic probe to determine where the signal is getting to. (or in this case not)

D

atariaction

Dec 1, 2012
London, ON
stores.ebay.com

Menace said:
If continuity so good all the way from the socket to the transistor, and the transistor is good then it's up stream and you'll likely need a logic probe to determine where the signal is getting to. (or in this case not)

D

ok gotcha. thanks. will see what i can come up with :)

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford

Did you check for voltage at the socket?