• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Spiderman Back Alley Creations Add Ons

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I have always liked how these Back Alley buildings and subway add on looked in pictures but the cost of $325usd+shipping+taxes always discouraged me so instead I opted to go with Drano's mirror blades. Someone on pinside last month posted their BAC buildings and subway add on shipped for a reasonable price so I decided to spring for it. It took almost a month to get to me and seller was initially prompt in replying to PM but after money was sent on Aug 30 he sort of went silent when I asked if he had a chance to ship them out yet a week later. At one point I even started asking my friend's about how paypal disputes work and what grounds I had in case the seller was trying to drag it out past a certain time frame. Anyways, it finally shipped on Sept 24 and arrived yesterday tax free :mrgreen:

Installation is pretty straight forward and no permanent modifications required and it uses existing hardware in the game and comes with a few nylon risers to use as set screws which some pieces go over to hold in place. Here are some before and after pictures of my game.

10053360094_e05005d092_c.jpg

10053433245_e611f3f33a_c.jpg

10053371394_2f936213f2_c.jpg

10053384574_e744860b58_c.jpg

I'm going to paint the white trim facing the mirror blades on the building black as you can see the reflection in the mirror blades. I am not sure if I should remove the mirror blades since most of it is concealed on the left side with the buildings. The nice thing with them installed it is casts a reflection from the GI below which lights up the buildings and saves me a bit of work from having to wire up some sockets and tie into the game.

10053366614_d86e32503c_c.jpg

10053422125_4225baafb1_c.jpg

I plan on drilling out the front of the subway where the red and green indicators are and installed some LEDs there later. I was too excited and wanted to get these installed before my friend Elliot dropped by around 11:30pm last night to play some pins.

10053374774_d784c3f757_c.jpg

10053381604_436e039143_c.jpg

Had a few good games on it last night and not stuck balls nor did it interfere with game play because some people say it blocks your view of the ball coming. There is plenty of time for you to react and you can sort of see the ball rolling through the building windows anyways.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Matt does a sweet job. I've never been a huge SM fan, but these mods really make the playfield come to life... makes it seem almost like a BW pin :D Congrats!

Can't wait to see what he does with Predator!!!

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
Looks great, I've never liked how "open" all the windows are though so I'm going to mod my buildings with some sort of translucent material behind them before installing. Any plans on lighting them up, Mike?

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
REVOLUTION said:
Looks great, I've never liked how "open" all the windows are though so I'm going to mod my buildings with some sort of translucent material behind them before installing. Any plans on lighting them up, Mike?

I will see about lighting them up because you can sort of tell in the pictures but in person the mirror blade reflection of the GI sort of light them up as is. The buildings come with a clear plastic covering all the windows, were you thinking of getting a different coloured material like what you did on your Borg ship on STTNG?

Menace said:
Love the building set, finishes the game off nicely. Now you just need the sandman mod...

Brock offered his extra Sandman mod but didn't like how they looked in the pictures so maybe I need to see it installed on a game in person to decide.

spiroagnew said:
Lookin' good. A subtle dim flicker of the interior subway lights would make a nice touch...

In order to do this I would have to careful cut out each window using a dremel which I have seen done before. To get a flickering effect I would just tie another socket and LED into a near by flasher.

train%203%20%20sm%20add%20ons.jpg

Thanks for the positive comments and can't wait to place an order for those awesome speaker panels. I emailed the seller to see if he has one that would compliment my Tron :lol:

EJB

Nov 17, 2012
Played this at mikes house the other day. Awesome mod! Adds a lot to the aesthetic of the playfield and looks even better in person :)

movingpictures

Nov 29, 2012
Mont-Real
mwong168 said:
can't wait to place an order for those awesome speaker panels. I emailed the seller to see if he has one that would compliment my Tron :lol:

Group buy?
Brock should become a re seller so we can get a price break. :mrgreen:

Monkeybug

Nov 14, 2012
Stouffville, ON
You need the sandman drop bank sticker. I think someone around here sells it... :D
I really want to know what they made for Addams Family before they were threatened by lawsuits.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Monkeybug said:
You need the sandman drop bank sticker. I think someone around here sells it... :D

I've seen the decal that Brock sells for SM, I think it was on your BSM mbag. The color doesn't seem to match with the playfield artwork... what a hack :lol:

SM_target.jpg

I have his decal on my Tron which looks great.

Monkeybug

Nov 14, 2012
Stouffville, ON
mwong168 said:
Monkeybug said:

I've seen the decal that Brock sells for SM, I think it was on your BSM mbag. The color doesn't seem to match with the playfield artwork... what a hack :lol:

Probably something to do with Stern's quality control. I still don't understand the prices they charge for what they are producing now.