• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Star Trek is here

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMJ0jRthOpM&feature=c4-overview&list=UUxpi_Z_1emaKs909Oiop_-A[/youtube]

Too bad it's Waison behind the keyboard.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Layout looks cool, but I have less then 0 confidence in Waison's ability to deliver a decent game.

His track record is terrible

Transformers
Avengers
Xmen

All dogs, all with similar rule sets:

Shoot X shot X number of times to start a mode
During mode shot X shots X number of times

I'd like to be optimistic as I like Star Trek as a theme , but I've been burned twice not going to fool me a third time.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Vengeance said:
Layout looks cool, but I have less then 0 confidence in Waison's ability to deliver a decent game.

The layout looks very similar to STTNG to me

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
your right, even the "Quadrants" are named the same with Alpha being the center shot, Beta being the right ramp, and WARP being on the left ramp, the feeds are all identical as well, only thing missing are the cannons.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
REVOLUTION said:
wow it's STTNG minus the canons....

+AUX Board issues :lol:

Someone on pinside stitched together this from the video

Attachments

• star_trek2.jpg
    star_trek2.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 786

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Vengeance said:
your right, even the "Quadrants" are named the same with Alpha being the center shot, Beta being the right ramp, and WARP being on the left ramp, the feeds are all identical as well, only thing missing are the cannons.

This too:

Patent #5,350,174 [BELOW THE PLAYFIELD BALL DELIVERY SYSTEM FOR A PINBALL GAME] filed October 28, 1993. Granted September 27, 1994 to Ritchie et al. Assignee is Williams Electronic Games, Inc.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
So here are some screen grabs I did to show you the LE / Premium / Pro comparisons.

The LE and Premiums both have wireforms and VUK

The LE has a brushed metal speaker panel and laser-cut side rails (look very cool)

the Pro has plastic ramps and no VUK by the looks of it.

All three have a launch button and shooter rod assy.

All three have a new cab design.

Attachments

• LE.jpg
    LE.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 782
  • Pro.jpg
    Pro.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 782
  • Premium.jpg
    Premium.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 782

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
I'll probably never be in the market for a NIB or a Stern machine, but it sure is fun following the panic, excitement, speculation and rage that crops up when a new title is released. Not so much on this board, but elsewhere (to the south). This one has all the makings for an interesting journey to release day. Strap in kids, it's going to be a bumpy ride!

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Vengeance said:

His track record is terrible

Transformers
Avengers
Xmen

All dogs, all with similar rule sets:

Shoot X shot X number of times to start a mode
During mode shot X shots X number of times

I'd like to be optimistic as I like Star Trek as a theme , but I've been burned twice not going to fool me a third time.

Do we have any confirmation that Waison was the one responsible for the rules on Avengers? He's not listed in the credits for software on this game, and he wasn't the lead programmer for TF so not entirely his fault I would think? Not sticking up for him, just not sure he's solely responsible for the less than stellar game code for the titles listed. (and to be fair, everyone has to start somewhere)

D

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
frolic said:
Don't get Adam started about Waison!

His track record speaks for itself, and the pricing on his games and how hard they have been hit speaks volumes from the collector community.

If you want another boat anchor on your hands, pre-order Star Trek.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Menace said:
Do we have any confirmation that Waison was the one responsible for the rules on Avengers? He's not listed in the credits for software on this game, and he wasn't the lead programmer for TF so not entirely his fault I would think? Not sticking up for him, just not sure he's solely responsible for the less than stellar game code for the titles listed. (and to be fair, everyone has to start somewhere)

D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzbExfIPhUw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUxpi_Z_1emaKs909Oiop_-A[/youtube]

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Ok, so you bash Waison every chance you get... but nothing about Mike Kyzivat? Shouldn't he be just as responsible for the failure of Avengers? What about Lonnie seeing as he's the "Director of Software"??? If Waison is churning out shit code, shouldn't Lonnie be the one rubber stamping it? I would think Lonnie deserves to be held way more accountable than Waison here...

D

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
I have heard more information from a number of different sources from within the competitive community none of which I can post publicly since all of it was mentioned to me in confidence that reinforce my personal hate on for Waison.

Which I understand is the most BS cop-out answer possible, but it is what it is.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
TBH, even Lyman couldn't have saved the shitty layout of Gomez's last two games. And if Waison only has Lonnie to shadow, then we're all doomed. Lonnie is by far THE worst programmer on the planet. Every mode is the same. "Hit single target X times to start mode, hit single target X times to finish mode". Brutal.

This game certainly is very colourful, but I'm not digging the bottom of the PF. It looks very "Corel Draw" to me.