• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Star Trek Mods, an ongoing Thread

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
I installed a sub in my Star Trek and Tron. I didn't drill any holes I just did it the way Mike Wong told me (thanks Mike!) except I did tighten the nuts pretty tight but the sub still works so it's all good. I have Tron and ST sharing the sub.

I also changed most of the white GI out, added a light strip at the flippers again and a colour changing light strip at the back. With the colour changer back there it looks like it is flying through space. I also added three LED strips under the vengeance ship, it adds a cool effect.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Re: Added a sub and some LED's to my Star Trek

Looks good Ryan and have you considered a set of chrome mirror blades from Brock? I think this game would look pretty good as the sides are wide open and the lighting would cast a nice reflection.

Thanks for sharing!

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa

mwong168 said:
Looks good Ryan and have you considered a set of chrome mirror blades from Brock? I think this game would look pretty good as the sides are wide open and the lighting would cast a nice reflection.

Thanks for sharing!

I asked Brock for three sets of mirror blades before the Ottawa show and he was sold out of them so I got a vinyl space scene set from pinside on the way, I just don't know how to install it because it is basically a sticker. I hope I don't have to pull the entire playfield out :? .

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

quarter grabber said:
I asked Brock for three sets of mirror blades before the Ottawa show and he was sold out of them so I got a vinyl space scene set from pinside on the way, I just don't know how to install it because it is basically a sticker. I hope I don't have to pull the entire playfield out :? .

Fortunately on Sterns the playfield comes out of the cab pretty easy and not sure if there is enough slack on the harness to set the playside on the side outside of the cab. If not I would label the connectors and disconnect it from the boards in the head that way it will give you complete access to the sides. If you are doing this yourself you also don't have to worry about pulling the decal off to correct placement and balancing the playfield at the same time.

After you install your decal (or mirror blades for other games on Sterns), you should put some electrical tape on the centering tabs on both sides of the playfield to minimize scratching when you are raising and lowering. When I was installing Eli's fiber wires on my Tron I actually removed them from the playfield and you can see them on my tool bench here.

11119123485_bd4116b194_c.jpg

I wish I had removed them sooner as I did scrape my black mirror blades a bit so keep that in mind when you install yours.

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
Finally got my new light up armor package in the mail.

Here are the before shots:

Here are the after shots:

I also put some space theme pinblades in too:

Still haven't received the lockdown bar done in the same colour and the interactive apron in the same colour yet, should be in the mail soon too.

Beafraid

Dec 13, 2012
Maple

Fortunately on Sterns the playfield comes out of the cab pretty easy and not sure if there is enough slack on the harness to set the playside on the side outside of the cab.

Yes there is, on Met anyway.

Attachments

• 20131223_211559.jpg
    20131223_211559.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 187

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa

Beafraid said:
Fortunately on Sterns the playfield comes out of the cab pretty easy and not sure if there is enough slack on the harness to set the playside on the side outside of the cab.

Yes there is, on Met anyway.

Ah man I wish I did that. I didn't know there was enough slack so I slid the playfield to one end, did one half of the pinblade, then slid the playfield over the pinblade to the other side and did the second half of the pinblade. It created a little fold in the blade doing it that way but it's not that noticeable. At least now I know for next time, thanks. :)