• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

stern flipper parts

slither

Mar 23, 2013
Portland, Ont.
for my catacomb, need the left side plastic triangle shaped linkage, thanks.. :(

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 278
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 278

slither

Mar 23, 2013
Portland, Ont.
Thanks, I had seen that, 25$ for the half kit, but wants 30$ for shipping, a little pricey for a little piece of plastic. :shock:

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
slither said:
Thanks, I had seen that, 25$ for the half kit, but wants 30$ for shipping, a little pricey for a little piece of plastic. :shock:

One of the things many of the users try and do around here is consolidate orders, so post up what you need and see if anyone else needs anything or is placing an order from PBL soon. (someone is usually ordering something) The more people in on the order the cheaper the shipping costs. :)

D

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Menace said:
The more people in on the order the cheaper the shipping costs. :)

This also decreases the chances of your package flying under the radar at the border for taxes too but if you are unlucky and get caught anyways pooling up a PBL order might not be such a bad idea.

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
That look like it should be make from metal. Is it possible it fabricate one easily? Hard to tell from picture but looks pretty simple

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Luckydogg420 said:
That look like it should be make from metal. Is it possible it fabricate one easily? Hard to tell from picture but looks pretty simple

All plunger links should be made from plastic or bakelite due to the amount of shock/stress they receive. No mfg has ever made them in metal.

D

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
If you think about it though, the number of cycles these parts go through is staggering and they actually last quite a long time so I'd say the material currently being used is bang on. (and I'm sure the mfg's tested ALL KINDS of different materials over the years)

Take for example pop bumpers. There are two pieces that attach the ring & rod assembly to the coil plunger, one is made of bakelite and one is metal. Pop bumpers only see a fraction of the cycles flippers do, and what part of the pops are most prone to failure? The metal yoke piece that attaches the ring & rod to the plunger.

Out of all of the games I've owned and serviced over the years I can honestly say the plastic plunger links are far from a weak design.

D