• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Stern Guardians of the Galaxy Teaser posted on Twitter

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Stern’s Guardians of the Galaxy Pro, Premium, and Limited Edition models are packed with features that provide an irresistible gameplay experience. Each game features a sculpted and interactive ball-eating Groot. In addition, a custom sculpted Rocket figure will keep players on their toes as it blasts the ball back at rocket speed. Color-changing inserts highlight the mysterious and interactive Orb, which opens to reveal the powerful Infinity Stone. The Limited Edition and Premium models also feature extra magnets, custom artwork, RGB lighting, and sculpted Groot arms that sprawl across the playfield.

Pro
b7fb1027f0dd93c9dda5b8059675edc84e1df25f.png.jpg

Premium
5888fee4363dd99d7a894ee9f7466fa9e7fafa5d.png.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: WARLOCK

Beafraid

Dec 13, 2012
Maple
Looks interesting. Wonder how much those arms block from players view point?

Dont like the gold armour.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
So, the pro is missing 2 of the magnets, and the kicker on the rocket shot as far as features that would actually impact gameplay, right? The matrix says the rocket shot is static, but the pics on pinball news look like there's a coil there, so not sure.

Any word on whether they'll have any licensed music for this? It was a big part of the movies, so I'd expect them to have at least tried for some of it.

Could be a fun game-we'll see how it plays. The bash toy right in the middle reminds me of Metallica, but without the magnet right in front it might be a little more controllable. I like how the matrix refers to "traditional support rods" for the pro...

Jeff K.

Jun 27, 2013
Toronto
Game looks pretty cool overall.
On Pinside (for what it's worth), it's been reported that the game won't have any of the songs from the soundtrack. That would be a bummer as the music is such an integral part of the films.
Hope the pin plays as well as it looks.

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
The feature list shows “original” music. So that wouldn’t be anything from the movie. If stern had music from the movie they would sell that as a feature. Although would that matter? Can’t you add your own music with tat one program (pinball browser or something like that).

Those arms really block the shots. (People complain about the GoT upper playfield) it looks like half the action will be obscured from view.

The pro has 2 less spinners, like the $20 in parts was to much to add?

I think both might have the kickback but in the top models I think rocket raccoon will move when the kickback fires.

dnewman

Oct 29, 2013
Newmarket
The feature list shows “original” music. So that wouldn’t be anything from the movie.

The feature list that Mike posted above reads "Original score music and other pieces composed by Ken Hale". That implies to me, that you are getting the original soundtrack from the movies.