• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Stern Star Trek - NIB?

darryldale

Apr 15, 2018
Kitchener, Ontario
OK, so the better half really came through for my birthday and surprised me with a Stern Star Trek Premium NIB.

Question..... I now this machine was released back in 2013. Has this machine been sitting in a box for 7 years or have they been producing them since then and it is more recent?

Darryl

Reactions: cuebert

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Probably more recent-they did the final run last year (or maybe that was earlier this year). The manufacture date should be on the back. It's not unheard of for games to be in boxes for 7y, but it's not common. That takes up a whole bunch of space.

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
Make sure to put it against a large open wall.
It will look so lonely, it will need friends....

There were 2 Star Treks in the showroom at P1 last time I was in. Vaults I think.

Reactions: Ponzie

darryldale

Apr 15, 2018
Kitchener, Ontario
OK, yep there is a date of manufacture on the back of the machine (go figure).

Dated March 9th, 2019 so pretty recent.

Having said that it was delivered by P1 but after they left I noticed a switch #32 error (bottom bumper). Did a switch test tonight / lifted the playfield and see that a wire has come detached from the bottom bumper.

Oh well, s**t happens I guess. Reached out to P1 to see if they can come back and repair it since it was delivered this way.

Darryl

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
Congrats... is it your first pin? A wire coming loose is a pretty quick fix and you could have it up and running before P1 can get back to you.

Reactions: Saltimbanco

darryldale

Apr 15, 2018
Kitchener, Ontario
Yes, first machine. Need to figure out how to sneak more into the house without the better half blowing a gasket lol

Yeah it appears to be just one wire that has come entirely detached from the bottom pop bumper.

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
My first downtime was a broken wire on a VUK switch.
Wire broke off right at the switch.
$4.95 for a switch and some soldering...

Saltimbanco

May 24, 2020
National Capital Region
You can't sneak a 250 lbs pinball inside the house + the wife now knows how much they cost, so you're toast unless she becomes interested in playing pinballs as well..

Submit a pic of the culprit loose wire, maybe someone can assist and you can play during the weekend!

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Congrats on your first pin, but if you're going to be owning machines, then you'll have to learn at least a few basic fixes. Soldering a wire back on is something you'll definitely have to do again.

Reactions: Saltimbanco

darryldale

Apr 15, 2018
Kitchener, Ontario
I've got no issue soldering the wire on myself.

I actually had the playfield lifted and the soldering gun out when the wife blew a gasket: "I just paid for that thing, you get them back here to fix it". My issue was apparently doing it while she was home.....

Lesson learned.

darryldale

Apr 15, 2018
Kitchener, Ontario
Actually they are coming tomorrow at 11am to fix it. They were very responsive to the issue and immediately reached out to arrange a time to pop around to fix it and address any other questions / concerns I may have about the machine.

No complaints from me on P1.

Reactions: goodmanners