• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

stern's next band pinball

kevin the 1984 kid

Nov 16, 2012
Niagara
So me and Meegis where have a discussion on witch band might have the next stern music series. Stern already stayed that they will be releasing more music/band influenced pinball themes. Does anyone know or herd what band(s) might be themed by stern? What would commercially make sense for both North America and Europe? I've herd of a possibility that Jimmy Hendrix might be next.....is he big in Europe though? Seems legit though all other "commercial" bands have been done by stern (Elvis,RS,AC/DC,Metallica, Kiss) Perhaps a Beatles pin (the licence might be too expensive though)

my best guess are: Hendrix, Beatles, Led Zeppelin (there do for one) or MJ with a thriller mode!!! :itd 3d ani w120 smiles 003:

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Beatles or Zeppelin are pipe dreams I think. The licenses would be near impossible. Not to mention the music may not be a great fit.

I'm guessing it'll be more aging rockers that want to cash in and whose appeal fits a middle aged to slightly older pinball demographic.
My money is on Black Sabbath, but Van Halen is a great guess too.
I'd love a truly classic rock name like Hendrix or the Doors, but I can't see it happening.

My long-shot vote is for Johnny Cash :D

BOO

Aug 9, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Motley Crue might be another good one--picture a spinning Tommy Lee ball-capture drum set toy! Oh, and "Shout at the Devil" multiball!

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Spooky got Rob Zombie, Stern should do:

frYglI9g_400x400.jpeg

stiffler4444

Nov 20, 2012
Crystal Beach, Ontario
I second the Motley Crew idea, as they are supposedly done touring, might be time for a license. Of course, Iron Maiden always makes the most sense for European and North American appeal. They license everything.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
I think the problem is that a lot of newer bands don't have anything that's iconic as far as imagery/artwork to go with a pin, and even some older ones struggled (like the Stones). For example, a Foo Fighters or Pearl Jam pin would have great music, but what would the game look like?

The Beatles are hard, but not impossible (they did make a licensed Rock Band game), and you could do some amazing things with their later stuff (artwork on a Sgt Pepper LE could be really neat). You could probably do something cool with a U2 game too-they did a lot of the big elaborate stage stuff on their tours that could make it into a game. Pink Floyd could look neat, but probably a little too downtempo (still, Dark Side of the Moon LE?). Queen could work if you wanted the big arena rock sound. As others have said, something like Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath/Ozzy, or Iron Maiden could also work if you wanted to go for the 70s metal era stuff.

If you wanted to go after the 90s music, what about something like a Lollapalooza pin? Lots of different music to pull from, and you could build a game around different bits of a Rock festival. There's also some cool stuff you could do with the early days of punk. A Ramones game could work on its own, or you could do a game based around CBGB and all the bands that played there.

And for the music/movie crossover-Spinal Tap! Callouts on this could be great, and you could do things like "smell the glove multiball" where the entire playfield goes dark.

Seven

Oct 6, 2015
Prince Edward Island
www.pinballorama.com
And for the music/movie crossover-Spinal Tap! Callouts on this could be great, and you could do things like "smell the glove multiball" where the entire playfield goes dark.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

We have a winner!

A Spinal Tap pinball machine would be very cool. I love the idea of a blackout multiball. You could have a little Stonehenge section, pods that trap the balls, work in things that are supposed to work but don't. One mode could be to find a new drummer.

A Jazz Odyssey jackpot mode where the points are audience members. Every target you hit creates a random musical riff and the longer it takes to finish the mode the more audience members you lose.

Some sort of video puppet show mode.

There are so many things you could do with this.

Reactions: Menace

kevin the 1984 kid

Nov 16, 2012
Niagara
The Beatles are hard, but not impossible (they did make a licensed Rock Band game), and you could do some amazing things with their later stuff (artwork on a Sgt Pepper LE could be really neat). You could probably do something cool with a U2 game too-they did a lot of the big elaborate stage stuff on their tours that could make it into a game. Pink Floyd could look neat, but probably a little too downtempo (still, Dark Side of the Moon LE?). Queen could work if you wanted the big arena rock sound. As others have said, something like Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath/Ozzy, or Iron Maiden could also work if you wanted to go for the 70s metal era stuff. .

I never thought of Pink Floyd! that would sell. so it's.....

Jim Hendrix
Ozzy
Beatles
Pink Floyd
Alice Cooper
Motley Crew
Iron Maiden
SPRINGSTEEN
Nirvana
Michael Jackson
Led Zeplin
Korn