• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

STTNG Delta Ramp Diverter

Oct 10, 2013
Thornton, ON
So I finally went ahead and got a STTNG. This will mean at least 1 possibly 2 machines coming FS soon, but that's another issue. Right now I have an issue with the Delta Ramp diverter. Since I am not overly familiar with how this machine should play I may be wrong but the diverter seems to move from the open position, which would allow a ball to go thru to the borg ship, to divert the ball down the wireform but seems to go too far either stopping the ball at the top of the ramp and letting it go after it disengages or causing it to bounce off of it back down the ramp. This shot is hard enough to time and get up the ramp so I don't need the game working against me any more than it is supposed to. Video of whats happening here:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_78DzroURo[/youtube]

Any help on if/how to adjust this or is the game supposed to be like that?

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
From what I remember, the normal action is to send the ball back down the ramp, and it'll go over to the borg ship to qualify locks or in MB. There's no way it should grab a ball like that though-is it just not moving through the full extent of its motion, or is the timing off? If a switch is out, it could just be firing the diverter too late, or it could just not be moving the diverter far enough.

Oct 10, 2013
Thornton, ON
I got it adjusted. It was moving the arm too far from what I have figured out. The arm is adjustable with 2 allen key nuts where the solenoid attaches. It seems to need to start a bit farther back than you would expect. Now a shot up the ramp is sent right down the wireform smoothly.