• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD STTNG with colour DMD $4800 OBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkaye

Mar 17, 2013
Ancaster, On
Since I won the credit toward the NIB game, I am selling my recently acquired Sttng complete with colour DMD installed to fund the new one. I only have room for 4 games currently.
This game was Brock's, then Wong's. It is one of the nicest examples of Sttng I've seen. Playfield has no visible wear. Cabinet has minimal fade and very little wear as well.

Mods include:
-Colour DMD
-Flipper Fidelity speaker upgrade
-LED's (not all)
-Hand painted Borg ship and other LED lit models
-Signed plastic by Steve Richie
-Custom flipper bats

pics here -
https://plus.google.com/104592702525222392948/posts/TXBLwTpP1PE

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Re: FS: STTNG with colour DMD $4800 OBO

Todd also forgot to mention it has a new GLM 16 opto board which should also help should you easily track down any opto issues as the original board has no diagnostic LEDs at all.

8750814174_dd8bc0dc23_z.jpg

Brock rescued this pin and brought it back to life and owned this pin for almost 3 years. He also added lots of nice and unique touches to it too being a pretty big ST fan himself.

8386254763_1fa1bdb49f_c.jpg

8387340520_c2fc46e692_c.jpg

8387341246_98103f0612_c.jpg

8386255503_cf0d7d0a02_c.jpg

8387341538_83d59a8b9e_c.jpg

8386257405_3ac6453884_c.jpg

The ColorDMD has been installed separately and does not piggy back off the existing power driver board for the game. So you should not have any issues going forward as people have reported on pinside with weaker flippers, slower cannons and other issues after installing the ColorDMD to their game. There are also cliffy protectors installed on the neutral zone hole and ramps too.

Good luck on the sale!

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com

Yup, mine then Slam_tilt's, then mwong, then tkaye. I stripped and shopped the PF originally, cleaned all the diverter arms (they were seized), added the red cannon domes, flipper fidelity speakers, custom one-of-a-kind flipper bats (they were a test for a future mod but they're a pain in the ass to make). I did the ship mods, also hand-painted all the ships myself and added pinbits green windows to the Borg ship. The plastics are NOS, hand-signed by Steve Ritchie as mentioned. I also designed a custom backboard decal and put it on. Menace rebuilt the HV section. Brent and Mike also did some mods / upgrades, including new ramps I believe.. and Wong removed all those pesky LED's I spent hours installing. ;)

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

Damn,
I should've bought this game when I had a chance :FP:
Can't afford it now.

Guess you're not intersted in a trade towards XMLE then? :D

tkaye

Mar 17, 2013
Ancaster, On

DRANO said:
Damn,
I should've bought this game when I had a chance :FP:
Can't afford it now.

Guess you're not intersted in a trade towards XMLE then? :D

Sorry, no interest in the XMLE, however...
You could always pay Brock via Paypal or CC and finance your STTNG! ;) He will simply deduct that from my purchase and viola! :D

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com

Had a look at the pictures...great looking game! Someone is going to be really happy getting this. If I had more of an affinity for the game, or for the franchise itself, I would definitely have a hard time passing this up!

GLWS bump.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

spiroagnew said:
If I had more of an affinity for the game, or for the franchise itself, I would definitely have a hard time passing this up!

If I had more space I would have never sold this to Todd to begin with :D I also want to add this has the outlane extenders installed which you will appreciate because they are very unforgiving. Todd if you look in the coin box you will see there is an extra set of brand new crank arms for the canons in case one day one breaks. I always like to keep unique parts on hand for any game I own and as you can see from other post it has been in good hands the past few years. I can tell you STTNG is one game you definitely don't wanna buy from a container or off route.

websherpa

Feb 10, 2013
Waterdown, ON

mwong168 said:
[ I also want to add this has the outlane extenders installed which you will appreciate because they are very unforgiving.

I learned a while ago, particularly in a small collection, that "tough" games last longest. And like most tough games you have to give them an extended play period to "learn" how to avoid their pitfalls to get longer ball times.

Same thing with STTNG, and I'm on my second one. I still drain, a lot, but not as often (with regular outline guides) because you eventually, intrinsically, just avoid the angles that cause the drains. Each to his own, but in this case I prefer stock, and have a pair of extenders that I'll never install. :D

movingpictures

Nov 29, 2012
Mont-Real

mwong168 said:
I also want to add this has the outlane extenders installed which you will appreciate because they are very unforgiving.

That's not a mod, it's a cheat!

PLAY BETTER !!!!

tkaye

Mar 17, 2013
Ancaster, On

Bay78 said:
Would you ship the game? :D

I would prefer a local pickup but will ship (with the assistance of a few of my goodwilled fellow PBR members)
Thanks again Brock :)

tkaye

Mar 17, 2013
Ancaster, On

movingpictures said:
mwong168 said:
I also want to add this has the outlane extenders installed which you will appreciate because they are very unforgiving.

That's not a mod, it's a cheat!

PLAY BETTER !!!!

I haven't played STTNG any other way. I'm sure it's a killer without the lane extenders but I wouldn't go as far as to call it a cheat.
If you move the outposts back in your game at home is that a cheat as well?

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON

Out Post??? What is this strange item you speak of?

Is it like the rumored extra ball?

It's been so long since I've seen either of them :D

tkaye

Mar 17, 2013
Ancaster, On

Vengeance said:
Out Post??? What is this strange item you speak of?

Is it like the rumored extra ball?

It's been so long since I've seen either of them :D

touche

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com

If I didn't install the lane extenders I'd have never kept the game as long as I did. Cheat or not, it made it more fun to play for me and my friends (we all suck). That's all that mattered to me at the time. :) We can't all be ballers like Adam.

tkaye

Mar 17, 2013
Ancaster, On

REVOLUTION said:
If I didn't install the lane extenders I'd have never kept the game as long as I did. Cheat or not, it made it more fun to play for me and my friends (we all suck). That's all that mattered to me at the time. :) We can't all be ballers like Adam.

True Dat!

I want to be like Adams older little brother when I grow up!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

I still need to install an outpost on the left outlane for JM which I bought from Adam. Thank god for Mnemonic Recovery :cool:

tkaye

Mar 17, 2013
Ancaster, On

mwong168 said:
I still need to install an outpost on the left outlane for JM which I bought from Adam. Thank god for Mnemonic Recovery :cool:

He should have a big box full of them at home...

Status
Not open for further replies.